Grandeur

napria

On 9/22/2021 at 2:40 PM, ronrick1943 said:

Nothing is even like the brochures- the ship is nice but it all depends on the crew you get……….

Twelve years of Regent cruising for us and I have yet to meet the people that look like the brochure people.  😄  🤣  😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Twelve years of Regent cruising for us and I have yet to meet the people that look like the brochure people.  😄  🤣  😁

Bill!  And all this time, I've been assuming you actually ARE the tall, slender, slightly-graying distinguished looking gentlemen in those brochures, with the equally-elegant and chic "Babe" at his side, enjoying the cocktails and that romantic moment out on a completely deserted deck near the railing!!  Isn't that you??!!  🤪

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pingpong1 said:

Bill!  And all this time, I've been assuming you actually ARE the tall, slender, slightly-graying distinguished looking gentlemen in those brochures, with the equally-elegant and chic "Babe" at his side, enjoying the cocktails and that romantic moment out on a completely deserted deck near the railing!!  Isn't that you??!!  🤪

No - that's me!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Maybe...but don't tell my wife!  <rimshot>

Actually, out of all of those adjectives, only 'graying' fits...but not slightly!  (well, maybe kinda slightly)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

I've met the "brochure people" for another cruise line.  Pretty good gig for a "seniors model":  they are paid modeling fees plus a free cruise in the same area of the ship as the entertainers. 

As you can see from our picture, I think Joan looks better than the female model-LOL.  Joe

• Like 3

On 9/17/2021 at 1:47 PM, Fletcher said:

Regent's bewildering refusal to provide a forward-facing outer deck

Simple solution.

Just go to the double doors at the front of the ship on deck 14, ring the bell and ask if you can go out onto their balcony 🤣

The residents might even offer you a drink.

Regent Suite

Regent Suite CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/21/2021 at 2:06 PM, wishIweretravelling said:

One thing I don't care for in the Grandeur deck plans is that a plunge pool, rather that a swimming pool, is planned for the pool deck. 

Are you sure there will be no swimming pool?  Odd.  If true, a deal breaker for me.  Although I, and most people I've met at the pool, don't swim much, it's very enjoyable to have the space to move and socialize.

Edited by Camillus112

46 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Are you sure there will be no swimming pool?  Odd.  If true, a deal breaker for me.  Although I, and most people I've met at the pool, don't swim much, it's very enjoyable to have the space to move and socialize.

The deck plan on the website calls it an "infinity edge plunge pool." See https://www.rssc.com/ships/explorer?ship=GRA&deck=11

But the picture in the brochure I just got  (obviously a rendering and not an actual photo) shows it as a regular swimming pool, though it isn't labeled at all. So, no, I'm not sure.

Edited by wishIweretravelling

Spouse and I have observed (never actually exchanged conversations with) Regent's Models while on two ships.  Due to passage of time extending back about 10 years, specifics are a bit-blurry.  One was aboard Voyager.  Point:  these "Guests" were attended by a retinue including a separate camera crew; a guy setting the many very-carefully focused lights; and an attendant checking facial make-up and clothing attire. The Cruise Director or a senior Officer was always in attendance.  

Quite a production. Fun to observe from an appropriate distance.  The "couple" were onboard for two or three days at a time, providing opportunity to cover all the needed venues.  Then, like magic--Gone.  Only to "resurface" in follow-on brochures and more-elaborate catalogues over the next few years.  

Just part of the the promotional fluff.  

Hope to see other folks at Barcelona in about 34 days prior to boarding Explorer. 

PS:  Of course, there will be a larger swimming pool on the newest ship.   

GOARMY!