What happened to the Who's on line?

Dutchman

I have been away from the boards for over a month and now when I return, I can't seem to find that block at the bottom of the page that says who is on the board at this time? Has it been taken off?

Yes, Dutchman, there was a server upgrade here a few weeks ago, and they've done away with that particular feature.

But the green light just means you're signed on to a message board, not necessarily the HAL message board.

I, too, really miss the roster at the bottom of the page. I felt more "connected" to my buddies here when I saw their names.

Maybe the powers that be simply forgot to hook it up again?

The roster was removed quite a while before the server was changed. It would be nice if we could have both the new server AND the roster. There was never an explanation that the roster would be a problem with the new server, too.

Yes it was. Once it was removed, the board worked much, much better.

That's not the timing I remember. IIRC the real improvement didn't come until after the server was sucessfully upgraded.

I haven't had a white screen of death since then.

I'm still getting them. Not as often since the upgrade, but often enough that it's a nuisance. Also, I still need to use "refresh" quite a bit to get to where I want to go.

That's not the timing I remember. IIRC the real improvement didn't come until after the server was sucessfully upgraded.

I'm still getting them. Not as often since the upgrade, but often enough that it's a nuisance. Also, I still need to use "refresh" quite a bit to get to where I want to go.

Sorry to hear that, Ruth. In my case, I've noticed since the removal of the Who's Online in early February, my computer response experience on the boards has vastly improved.

Archived