Hotel before Port Canaveral cruise

terri-eddie

I realize that many people will say, you should search through the posts for your answer before you ask a question again that's probably been asked dozens of times. But....this forum has 2222 pages! 

So, what I want to know is....is Titusville too far away from the port to be considered for a pre-cruise hotel? Previously we have stayed at Radisson Resort At The Port, which is great. But we're trying to be more budget-conscious this time. And we will not have a rental car. 

Please advise! I want a fairly nice hotel...ie, no roaches, no paper-thin mattresses. And it would be nice to have a restaurant and a convenience store nearby.

• Like 1

Hotels are extremely subjective. I am all about budget the night before or even when on vacation. That is why we are staying near MCO. Cheaper hotels, more to choose from, restaurants and stores within walking distance, and I would have to shuttle regardless. Might as well shuttle directly to my terminal and save money. 

So you fly into MCO and use Cruise Control to get to a Port Canaveral hotel. Once there you want to go to dinner. The next morning you need to go to the port. Are there taxis and or Lyft/Uber available?  Are ride sharing services allowed to go to the port?

51 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

So you fly into MCO and use Cruise Control to get to a Port Canaveral hotel. Once there you want to go to dinner. The next morning you need to go to the port. Are there taxis and or Lyft/Uber available?  Are ride sharing services allowed to go to the port?

We're flying into MCO on a Friday renting a car driving to Port Canaveral hotel. Going to KSC on Saturday and will drop off car Sunday morning our cruise day. Cruise Control will then pick us up and take us to MCO for our flight home. This is the best option we've come up with for for extended family of 6.