Allure 09/12-19 Short report

BecciBoo

One last post here....had a great cruise!

Easy on easy off, slick but repetitive, but no matter only took 15 minutes from start to boarding and we were at the pub!  Heard we had 2200 but no one can be totally accurate on the count.  As reported earlier, staff and crew are happy to please, not one request was denied.  We had HOT and I do mean HOT sour dough rolls all week, actually melted that butter, so don't hesitate to ask for it on your next cruise.

Elevators were a dream, never a wait.  We attended Mama Mia, not a fan, would've prefered more ABBA less play.  Skating was disjointed, not a fan of this production, Ice Games, but still enjoyed the skating.  Sabor's on the Boardwalk, a big disappointment, not like the other more formal Sabors on other ships.  Food was a big miss.  Isumi Habatchi Experience was a good show, but again food a disappointment. Blah.  MDR was fabulous all week, but the highlight for a foodie was CoCo Cay and the Beach Club.  We all agreed, this was a complete hit.  My fave was the CoConut Lobster sandwich!!!!!!...Could've done without the appetizers, burger and filet were fab also.  It is so worth the money we spent for the day pass, I would've paid more even, but if you can find it early $58.99 PP is a steal.  The place itself was truly paradise and RCCL has made it imperative that the landscaping and plantings are absolutely gorgious.  By the way, we did get the beds next to the bar, without being rude!  We just made sure we were down early and waited for the tram that took us nonstop to the Club, just walked in and we all put our stuff down, a breeze.  Heard lots of comments about how we did that, the secret is be ready and early.  I have to say they were great but we hardly ever sat in them, extremely hard to get in and out of, I'd have been just as happy with the other seating.  Almost all have umbrellas and it was extremely hot.  I thought the water in pool was way too warm, but if you wanted a cool dip, the ocean is steps away.

The Diamond Lounge is fantastic, breakfast and evening snacks were great, and service as well, lots of room to stretch out, never crowded.  Our 5 drinks per day were ample for us.

Loved the RCCL App, takes some getting used to but when you get it, is so useful and convenient.

First stop in Cozumel, was Nachi Cocom which is our go to and thoroughly enjoyed our day in spite of some CC posters who were extremely rude at Nachi....but no matter, consider the source.  Met many other posters there that made the day great and as usual Nachi delivered.  We were the only ship at port.

We enjoyed the solarium on all other stops and had a great time there as well.  All in all, another great cruise.  The only downside was the masking and we managed to survive, which was extremely hard for me an AFIB sufferer, so hard to be walking so much with a mask on struggling to get enough oxygen, but they were absolutely rigid about it.  Thank you CDC.  Only enforced inside from one destination to another and in Theaters etc, only when walking in, after seated, no mask, which of course makes no sense at all, but they did take it seriously.  I was challenged once for forgetting my green Vaxd bracelet, but when I said, Are you kidding, we're ALL vaxd, he just waved me on.  But we did comply on it mostly.  You don't need to bring masks, they are freely distributed everywhere.  Only a couple handfuls of kids on board, seen only in passing.  Otherwise, this cruise resembled all other cruises we have made.

Remember, keep calm and cruise on!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FPP777 said:

Two questions about Coco. 

1. What time was early? When did you get off the ship?  OPen gangway at 8:00  we were down there just at that time.

2. You said you waited for a tram that took you direct, is there more than one tram? Tram was at the gangway at pier to express us to the Club.  I literally walked down the gangway and stepped on the tram, we were probably amoung the first 10 people off the ship,  Yes many, and they run every 10 to 15 minutes.  There was no trouble getting one for us all the way back to ship at 3:00 either.  All aboard was 4:30.

Edited by BecciBoo

our beds.jpg

Attendant came to ask about coffee and pastries within seconds of getting there.  The ship had already called our room earlier and asked what time we wanted lunch and they had already set up a 6 top table for us in the dining porch.  Really smooth!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

First stop in Cozumel, was Nachi Cocom which is our go to and thoroughly enjoyed our day in spite of some CC posters who were extremely rude at Nachi....but no matter, consider the source.  Met many other posters there that made the day great and as usual Nachi delivered.  We were the only ship at port.

Hey Becci, Sorry to hear this. We were there that day and didn't encounter rudeness. We spent part of our time at the beach then in the pool - we chatted with you there just a bit - I was the 'lurker' from the roll call.

The beach club sounds great and what a deal you got. For a couple of our upcoming cruises it is $100. Think it is worth it at that price?

1 hour ago, TPA2005 said:

The beach club sounds great and what a deal you got. For a couple of our upcoming cruises it is $100. Think it is worth it at that price?

$60-70/pp is reasonable. $100/pp is a stretch. On our first visit to the club it was $65/pp. On our upcoming 10/10 Allure, it is $169/pp definitely not anywhere near worth that price.😱

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

$60-70/pp is reasonable. $100/pp is a stretch. On our first visit to the club it was $65/pp. On our upcoming 10/10 Allure, it is $169/pp definitely not anywhere near worth that price.😱

Thank you. I just looked at our March cruise and it is $179!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, orville99 said:

I think I'd pay $100, I really do, we absolutely loved it.  Maybe not 169 though.  Ido not understand how they could justify over that when there are plenty of us who got the lower prices, we booked it at $92 pp back in March and then it came down a couple weeks later so we canceled/re booked. 

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

I don't know how many are espresso lovers here, but we are and have our own auto espresso machine.  I found out something interesting in the Diamond Lounge, they use Lavazza coffee beans.  That was a surprise, I consider Lavazza to be the best on the planet.  And it was their Super Crema, which is the most expensive.  Kudos to RCCL.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't know how many are espresso lovers here, but we are and have our own auto espresso machine.  I found out something interesting in the Diamond Lounge, they use Lavazza coffee beans.  That was a surprise, I consider Lavazza to be the best on the planet.  And it was their Super Crema, which is the most expensive.  Kudos to RCCL.

They also have them in the Sky and Star class suites.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

All of the coffee machines in junior suites and above, at least on Odyssey, Symphony and Freedom, have been changed to Lavazza. 

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I think I'd pay $100, I really do, we absolutely loved it.  Maybe not 169 though.  Ido not understand how they could justify over that when there are plenty of us who got the lower prices, we booked it at $92 pp back in March and then it came down a couple weeks later so we canceled/re booked. 

Thanks Becci! We will think about the $100 and be watching for price decrease.

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

All of the coffee machines in junior suites and above, at least on Odyssey, Symphony and Freedom, have been changed to Lavazza. 

We had one in our jr suite on Allure. Very nice.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 10:45 AM, orville99 said:

I just looked at that and wonderred the same thing....I'm thinking no as well