Moon substituted for Dawn - my TA just sent to me

bitob

22 hours ago, WesW said:

SSCAFA001, see you on board.  Since we have two days in Lima, have arranged Flying back to Atlanta at 9 am on December 18th.

I'm guessing you will be getting on the same plane that we will have just gotten off - we arrive in Lima at 5 am on the 18th from ATL to join the Moon for the holiday cruise to FLL!  All indications are that our cruise will sail with original itinerary. We are so excited!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, les37b said:

Fingers crossed he doesn't forget!

I wonder what is being done for arriving in countries insisting a negative PCR test is required for entry. Viking have an onboard lab for PCR testing, but I don't think SS has? Obviously they may obtain dispensation, but unless they do, it's yet another barrier we will face.

I know the UK is (allegedly) set to announce new quarantine rules for returning from red countries, but think that will just mean you can do so at home. For me, that's completely fine - but my wife is a hairdresser and a full month off is never gonna happen!

It has just been announced that the US travel ban will be lifted on November 8!!!

mofrances, we will (hopefully!) be on that same flight!

2 hours ago, mofrances said:

I'm guessing you will be getting on the same plane that we will have just gotten off - we arrive in Lima at 5 am on the 18th from ATL to join the Moon for the holiday cruise to FLL!  All indications are that our cruise will sail with original itinerary. We are so excited!!

4 hours ago, geekgirl23 said:

mofrances, we will (hopefully!) be on that same flight!

Excellent! We have never cruised over the holidays (in fact it will be the first time cruising at all for some in our group!) and we are thrilled that it’s going ahead. My son and I were on Silver Moon this summer and it was fantastic! We loved it so much that we booked for the whole family over Christmas. Can’t wait! Hopefully we run into you on the flight. 

Maureen

• 2 weeks later...

UK today removed all red countries from the list and thus the need to quarantine in a hotel. Its fluid of course (countries can still return to red - and our rates being high, we could be subject to rejection)...... but as of today (and my flights were ticketed today) I am finally thinking FLL to Lima in January may well be a goer! I've genuinely never thought there was a chance in hell it would. It leaves me with the dilemma that the replacement I'd booked for this 'cos it was clear there was no chance it would sail, needs to be cancelled / amended. (It sounded such a good plan at the time to book 2 cruises in the same time slot! lol) There is now the added problem. Too many upcoming bookings and too few gaps... and finding replacements that are worthy in those slots. Well, I managed to find 2. Can't decide which, so going to book both (The second is in Mar 24!) Both cover our birthdays, which kinda influenced this. That long gap for Covid, has taken its toll and also made me adopt the approach life is short and just go for it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, les37b said:

UK today removed all red countries from the list and thus the need to quarantine in a hotel. Its fluid of course (countries can still return to red - and our rates being high, we could be subject to rejection)...... but as of today (and my flights were ticketed today) I am finally thinking FLL to Lima in January may well be a goer! I've genuinely never thought there was a chance in hell it would. It leaves me with the dilemma that the replacement I'd booked for this 'cos it was clear there was no chance it would sail, needs to be cancelled / amended. (It sounded such a good plan at the time to book 2 cruises in the same time slot! lol) There is now the added problem. Too many upcoming bookings and too few gaps... and finding replacements that are worthy in those slots. Well, I managed to find 2. Can't decide which, so going to book both (The second is in Mar 24!) Both cover our birthdays, which kinda influenced this. That long gap for Covid, has taken its toll and also made me adopt the approach life is short and just go for it. 

Great news Les, have you got your ESTA’s yet, did ours today, approved in about an hour.

• Like 1

Thanks both. Yesterday was a bit surreal. The media in their usual style were making claims of what was to come. ie Red list going and no hotel quarantine. Which the government were quick to kick into touch with a "Contrary to reports" message.... and then subsequently announced what the media told them to do..... Well at least it's how it seemed! lol

I've got my Viking "replacement" changed. It's now set for Bali to Bangkok in Mar 2024 and just slightly different to the Winter Northern Lights London to Northern Cape! Changed without a hitch and all the VS type and onboard booking discount transferred and also blagged their "Silver Spirit" drinks package free. (It's pretty much the only chargeable item and is cheap as chips anyway!) All gifts gratefully received. Intend to deviate arrival and departure flights to spend extra time in Bali and Bangkok. Decided in the end not to book the extra Aug 2023 Iceland booking, despite also getting the extras offered. Tempting as it was (and once I really want to do), its tempting fate filling all future holiday dates and not being able to book in the event something still goes wrong and the early 2022 bookings can't be done. That said, its a no risk booking, so its one I could change right up to T-14, so maybe , just maybe, I will go ahead. I have until Sunday to decide before the free package, OBC and discount drop off the table.