Moon substituted for Dawn - my TA just sent to me

bitob

48 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Wow! great news. I was on Dubai to Mumbai and cancelled before SS canceled. Actually canceled 9-16-21 and no refund to credit card yet. I will start to worry in about a couple of weeks.

Yes, and that included the post-Mumbai land tour to the Taj Mahal, which I thought might delay the refund.  Seven calendar days is fast, even in normal times.

Edited by flyingshoes

7 hours ago, flyingshoes said:

Maybe off topic, but we were on the Athens-Mumbai Moon cruise that was recently canceled.  Full refund to our CC was received today.  Well done SS!

Yes, we also received a full refund of the deposit on our 2022 Moon B2B cruise (Singapore-Mumbai-Dubai).  Was pleasantly surprised it came through so quickly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sea bright said:

We were on the Moon Nov 1 Athens to Dubai and switched to the Jan 3rd FLL Lima Dawn (now Moon). Our TA checked w SS end of last week and was told it would go even if some other South American cruises are canceled. At that point SS provided some business class air flights, confirmed Macchu Picchu post cruise trip and confirmed pre-cruise FLL hotel. I am hopeful this means the FLL Lima route won't be canceled, but I guess we will have to see. I will pass along anything I hear.

Jan 3rd still showing in as Silver Dawn in my.silversea (95 days to go) but given the wording used in that email (this cruise is going ahead with the Moon and just a minor change - if you don't accept usual cancellation rules apply) given SS were closed down so the 120 days were breached. Covid Red rules applied differently for US to UK, so theoretically it could sale for US guests and UK not be allowed..... and the thought of ".... but the cruise sailed" thrown back, despite not being physically allowed to sale without the ability to get insurance or needing to quarantine for 11 days at the cost of £5K for 2, means SS can forget UK guests sailing on it unless the the remaining 7 out of the 8 countries downgrade to amber. Its all or nothing on the front unfortunately. This is actually the 3rd cruise under the same booking, so its getting a bit tiresome - but more, worrying with what I feel is going on at the moment especially after a 2 week blackout and the 70% price hike from Jan 2022 for the identical cruise in Jan 2023. (Yes I know it now includes a limo from home to the airport - which I don't want - and excursions which we are unlikely to use.) 

Edited by les37b

22 hours ago, sea bright said:

We were on the Moon Nov 1 Athens to Dubai and switched to the Jan 3rd FLL Lima Dawn (now Moon). Our TA checked w SS end of last week and was told it would go even if some other South American cruises are canceled. At that point SS provided some business class air flights, confirmed Macchu Picchu post cruise trip and confirmed pre-cruise FLL hotel. I am hopeful this means the FLL Lima route won't be canceled, but I guess we will have to see. I will pass along anything I hear.

Many thanks, I’ve been arranging an independent tour to Machu Picchu this week and we are so looking forward to what would be an amazing experience-keeping everything crossed this cruise goes ahead, we appreciate that they may be forced to cancel some of the destinations en route and we completely understand the situation is out of SS control.

3 hours ago, Reef Knot said:

Well the March 2nd Dawn/Moon voyage has disappeared completely .

In fact no Moon or Dawn sailings showing for Soth America during March.

Assuming Silversea are getting their ducks in a row before updating the website?

You would think so, but remember what they say about assuming.........

Trying not to get too excited;  but on My SIlversea account it shows for the first time that our ship was changed to the Moon.  This is for a Jan 3 FLL to Lima cruise. Hopefully this is a go!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pamyc said:

Trying not to get too excited;  but on My SIlversea account it shows for the first time that our ship was changed to the Moon.  This is for a Jan 3 FLL to Lima cruise. Hopefully this is a go!

Indeed, mine also for 3rd Jan. Also the cruise number changed to MO220103016.

It couldn't really happen could it? lol !

Lots of reds to disappear first!. If it's physically possible... Will see you on board. First round on me.😆

Not on the website yet, but hopefully in the next month or so. 😁

Edited by les37b
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pamyc said:

Mine is listed also! Feb 9 Buenos Aires to Manaus.

Now let's hope Silversea puts the Moon cruises on the website.

My December 2 FLL LIM has been updated on my Silversea from Dawn to Moon. Same itinerary. Quite happy. From France or Switzerland we do not have the same issue as those highlighted by cruisers from Great Britain. So should SS keep the cruise as it is now, we will be able to join the ship on December 2 in FLL! I keep my fingers crossed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the email from BM explaining why Funchal had been missing from MySilversea for the last few days, it’s replaced by Arrecife in Lanzagrotty, and as the volcano on La Palma is still erupting we will go to Las Palmas on Gran Canaria instead. What is not explained is why we now have a useless overnight stop in Ft Lauderdale, arriving too late to go anywhere interesting.

Anyway, all this may be unavailable to us Brits unless the US actually allows us in.

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Anyway, all this may be unavailable to us Brits unless the US actually allows us in.

Hang in there, Mr. Silver.  With the announcement yesterday opening the U.S. land borders to Mexicans and Canadians on Nov. 1, we’re expecting the U.K. announcement to come in a matter of days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Just got the email from BM explaining why Funchal had been missing from MySilversea for the last few days, it’s replaced by Arrecife in Lanzagrotty, and as the volcano on La Palma is still erupting we will go to Las Palmas on Gran Canaria instead. What is not explained is why we now have a useless overnight stop in Ft Lauderdale, arriving too late to go anywhere interesting.

Agreed about Lanzagrotty and the pointless overnight in Fort Lauderdale: surely it would have been possible to schedule a stop in the Azores or Bermuda or the Bahamas?

We've been checking State.gov and whitehouse.gov for the latest updates but, all-of-a-sudden, this cruise doesn't seem so appealing

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Hang in there, Mr. Silver.  With the announcement yesterday opening the U.S. land borders to Mexicans and Canadians on Nov. 1, we’re expecting the U.K. announcement to come in a matter of days.

I fully expect that too. I've removed the US off my "can't do" list for January - which is now just down to 3. Panama, Ecuador and Peru... It's all or nothing unfortunately - but it is more optimistic than at any time in the past year that it could happen. (Though not sure if those countries are allowing tourists and  if so SS can negotiate something similar to what its done with Chile.)

I have just got my SS Travel consultant over the phone. SS is about to issue my air ticket today for my FLL - LIM cruise December 2-18, 2021. My consultant is quite optimistic that the cruise will happen with the original itinerary. To my knowledge, for vaccinated European Union citizens there is no restrictions for any of the visited countries on this cruise and so I cross my fingers that it will move forward as planned!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

I have just got my SS Travel consultant over the phone. SS is about to issue my air ticket today for my FLL - LIM cruise December 2-18, 2021. My consultant is quite optimistic that the cruise will happen with the original itinerary. To my knowledge, for vaccinated European Union citizens there is no restrictions for any of the visited countries on this cruise and so I cross my fingers that it will move forward as planned!

I understood that anyone who'd been in Schengen, UK or South Africa within the preceding two weeks was still banned from entering the US, irrespective of vaccine status. Aren't we still waiting for the Pres to announce the US opening up to twice vaxxed in time for thanksgiving?

Johnny

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sloopjohnb said:

I understood that anyone who'd been in Schengen, UK or South Africa within the preceding two weeks was still banned from entering the US, irrespective of vaccine status. Aren't we still waiting for the Pres to announce the US opening up to twice vaxxed in time for thanksgiving?

Johnny

On september 20, the White House announced that the travel ban will be lifted for vaccinated people as soon as beginning of November. My flight being November 30, I guess I am safe!

1 hour ago, SSCAF001 said:

On september 20, the White House announced that the travel ban will be lifted for vaccinated people as soon as beginning of November. My flight being November 30, I guess I am safe!

Fingers crossed he doesn't forget!

I wonder what is being done for arriving in countries insisting a negative PCR test is required for entry. Viking have an onboard lab for PCR testing, but I don't think SS has? Obviously they may obtain dispensation, but unless they do, it's yet another barrier we will face.

I know the UK is (allegedly) set to announce new quarantine rules for returning from red countries, but think that will just mean you can do so at home. For me, that's completely fine - but my wife is a hairdresser and a full month off is never gonna happen!