Did you receive "See Europe Your Way" flyer earlier in Sep with EZ-Air credit?

Steelers36

6 hours ago, dog said:

Did you get this offer Steelers posted here? 
A Member of my roll call from UK confirms Canada is in green list for entry without preflight covid test - could change for USA too before Spring. Maybe you can rebook after more restrictions are lifted. 

Yes I did. I cancelled probably a month ago. I had a pre-cruise hotel with Princess and then I didn't know if I would have to do a test within 2 days while in Rome before getting on the ship. Then I would be flying over Easter and worried about the River cruise. I figured I could rebook later. Land trips sound better and better every day.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 10:15 PM, Steelers36 said:

Another thing is, I think we all know when we check pricing on Princess.com and are NOT logged in, we see general public pricing and when we DO login, we see the pricing for Past Passengers, which generally includes a discount.  Has anyone heard of NOT seeing this price change when logged in?  OR, seeing it for SOME voyages and not others?  Thinking I have read on here recently somewhere where one or two at least had reported having "messed up" Captain Circle flags (or whatever) and wasn't providing them with the prices they should see.  It was typical in past to have $100/pp lower fare if a Past Pax.  Lately, I have seen it less than that for some 7-night voyages, but still seeing $100 on many.  But, again, my friend is seeing NO price difference when logged in on SOME cruises - but not all.  Seems odd to me.

And, YES, she is going to follow-up again with Princess, but the agent today was almost rude and unhelpful to say the least.  That, too, is unusual.  Also, going to get the TA to try check the pricing they see.  But I have also experimented with third-party booking website and I see diff price when enter Past Pax number, but not for her.  Weird IMO.

Thanks for sharing any similar experiences.

I have done some pricing analysis using Princess.com and a couple of other 3rd party booking engines for 2022 and 2023 random voyages. 

I don't find variances with Japan, Alaska, South America, and Caribbean sectors (I didn't try Australia) for 2022 & 2023.  In all cases, Past Pax rates were there for both us and our friends.

For Europe, 2023 worked fine.  But it appears to me that for Europe 2022, the Princess system is not recognizing past passenger info for a discount unless you have a special promo (U** fare code).  I think it can be accomplished in POLAR - as it was for me by our TA.  Perhaps it will work the same for my friend.  But the default isn't there.   By work the same, I mean applying a Past Pax discount (PA1) to the current Fall Frenzy sale (N9A/N9B fare codes).

IDK if any TA's on here know, but if Princess withdraws CC Past Pax rate code for a sector and time period, could large agencies still have that option due to blocking space early on?  I think there may be a glitch in the fares - and I have found some in the past and reported them and then find next day the numbers are corrected.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:15 PM, Steelers36 said:

I am aware Princess can send out special offers to selected groups of Past Passengers (at least folks with Captain's Circle numbers).  

This one came in snail mail and is a UL9 code (SAVER) or UP9 code (PLUS).  It is basically the current Fall Frenzy offer, plus additional EZ-Air credit of $200 ($100 each way).  I have changed our current bookings (the first and last ones) for OCT 2022 to this promo. 

I am wondering how many others might have received it.  (I have read about the Alaska one for next year where the EZ-Air is up to $600 I think it was).  What got me curious is our best friends are also Elite with similar Princess history and live only two hours away in southern Ontario and they didn't get it.  

If you reply that you got it and your profile when posting doesn't include location, a City/State combo would be helpful.  Just trying to get a sense of how widespread this was.

On the one above, I guess I am interested in anyone else from Ontario who got this.

Thanks.

On 9/25/2021 at 2:41 PM, Steelers36 said:
On 9/25/2021 at 9:03 AM, Steelers36 said:

@Ombud ...

I think the lower nbr is not applicable.  Out of time right now.  I was seeing too many nbrs this morning.  LOL.

@Ombud  So all I can tell you right now is the fare is $3,596 and IDK if there is a CC Member Launch rate.  Hard for me to get that since I have a special promo "Uxx" code which overrides (and beats) the other codes

PVP responded today. No. I'm not eligible or my room is not eligible. Forget which she said. But she felt bad that it took her so many days to respond (apparently slammed with Discovery & Sky canceled voyages) but lowered my fare to 3402. No more OBC ('just' 950❤ )

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

PVP responded today. No. I'm not eligible or my room is not eligible. Forget which she said. But she felt bad that it took her so many days to respond (apparently slammed with Discovery & Sky canceled voyages) but lowered my fare to 3402. No more OBC ('just' 950❤ )

Targeted Promo codes (U**) are associated with you as a CC Member - not the cabin per se.  Although, voyages will have certain promotions as well - such as the current Fall Frenzy - which are universal.

On 9/26/2021 at 12:10 PM, Steelers36 said:

On the one above, I guess I am interested in anyone else from Ontario who got this.

Thanks.

As a wrap-up from me, somehow/someway, Princess fixed our friends' records so they did get the CC Member Past Pax rate.  However, they were not part of a U** promo that would give them EZ-Air credit for Euro sector.  They do have the Alaska promo.