Any cruise line without 100% single supplement?

Hflors

1 hour ago, Hflors said:

Are there any cruise lines that do not charge a 100% single supplement on a world cruise?  I have not been able to find one.  Maybe a sale even.   Thanks for any info.

Yes, I am booked on the Costa world cruise 2022 for about 50% single supplement, which fits into their usual price policy.

At times, I have sailed solo and paid less than double the fare for my stateroom.  There seems to be no way to determine, for certain, when that happens.  The "fine print" for any fares that are quoted always state solo guests will be pay double for the stateroom booked.  

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

At times, I have sailed solo and paid less than double the fare for my stateroom.  There seems to be no way to determine, for certain, when that happens.  The "fine print" for any fares that are quoted always state solo guests will be pay double for the stateroom booked.  

For quite a lot of lines this is true, just not all. Among the international present lines my Costa example generally handles 50%, while surcharges and taxes come per person and by this the payable price remains below the nominal 50%. And Costa offers world cruises every year, which was the question. I also looked at a Cunard world cruise and that was not at double rate. NCL has a system that definitely does not double the price, although I don’t know how the prices are actually calculated. British Marella also generally offers way lower surcharges for solo travellers. However, I came along cruises where a single supplement of more than 100% was asked. I understand that there is a surcharge, but I definitely don’t pay twice the price or more.

• Thanks 1

P&O has a single supplement less than 100% for their world cruise.  A popular online travel company has these prices this morning for P&O's 2023 world cruise:

Inside cabin:  $14,584 double occupancy, $25,792 single occupancy.

No tipping required either.

Edited by SargassoPirate

On 9/29/2021 at 7:40 AM, SargassoPirate said:

P&O has a single supplement less than 100% for their world cruise.  A popular online travel company has these prices this morning for P&O's 2023 world cruise:

Inside cabin:  $14,584 double occupancy, $25,792 single occupancy.

No tipping required either.

Just took a look at p&o's 2023 world cruise.  I like what I see so far.   Have you cruised HAL for a world cruise?  I need to gear some comparisons.

23 hours ago, Hflors said:

Just took a look at p&o's 2023 world cruise.  I like what I see so far.   Have you cruised HAL for a world cruise?  I need to gear some comparisons.

I did a transatlantic on HAL's Euroslam a few years ago. Loved the HAL experience but for one thing.  I swore I'd never cruise on a HAL balcony again. The pneumatic door closers must have all seen better days. Passengers let the door to the balcony slam behind them when they stepped out.  Trying to enjoy our balcony with an almost constant boom boom boom was annoying.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, Hflors said:

Are there any cruise lines that do not charge a 100% single supplement on a world cruise?  I have not been able to find one.  Maybe a sale even.   Thanks for any info.

I have done quite some searching for single-rates for World cruises now. 4 month is just to long to share a cabin with somebody. I am now booked on Costa for 2023 and 2024, two different itineraries and the price is right. In my past experience Costa excursions are also reasonable priced so estimating all the additional costs as not breaking the bank. And I do like Costa food, has always been my favorite of all the cruise lines. Costa 2024 is not online yet, got to book it due to changing from 2022. Have not seen Princess yet either but was not willing to pay 100 % single-supplement.