Majestic Princess Cabin Walls

MsSoCalCruiser

I have been watching way too many late night YouTube videos and it has me wondering… Are the cabin walls on the Majestic Princess metal?  I really think I need some of those hooks with magnets on them.

I can also thank YouTube for the KitchenAid Immersion Blender, new Air Fryer (and accessories) and a ton of other stuff during Covid.  Do you see any other must have stuff on there for cruising that I need to purchase?  🤣

• Haha 2

Definitely bring some magnets for the walls! We were in a mini-suite and there was only one hook on the wall behind the door, so my magnet hooks and clips came in handy for holding our little backpacks, my (mostly empty) purse, and keeping the patters and invitations all together.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Definitely bring some magnets for the walls! We were in a mini-suite and there was only one hook on the wall behind the door, so my magnet hooks and clips came in handy for holding our little backpacks, my (mostly empty) purse, and keeping the patters and invitations all together.  

Amazon will deliver tomorrow… Now if only I didn’t have to wait several months for my cruise, lol. Eight comes with the order; is that enough?  How many did you find that you used?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Amazon will deliver tomorrow… Now if only I didn’t have to wait several months for my cruise, lol. Eight comes with the order; is that enough?  How many did you find that you used?

Eight is enough (haha). I actually only brought two as that was all that was left in our suitcase! I have no idea what happened to our others but two was sufficient. If I'd had eight, I'm sure I would've found a use for all of them! (note to self: order more magnet hooks when you get home)

8 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yeah, I know it’s a ship but how was I supposed to know the the walls, doors and ceiling are metal.  Looks like I need to order more hooks….

The cabins are assembled as discrete units. It always surprises some folks to realize that it's a metal box that's stuck into the ship. Asking questions is not a bad thing. Sorry if I came across as snarky. It wasn't my intent. Text isn't really the best medium for communication. When you buy magnetic hooks be sure to look for ones advertised as "super strong magnets" or Neodymium Magnets or something of the sort. It can be extremely annoying to have hooks that slide down the wall.

I use magnetic hooks in the cabin to hang up my hat on the hook while I have Patters or some other paperwork under the hooks. I also use a strong magnetic hook in the bathroom as I find those stupid rounded knobs on the door to be pretty ineffectual when it comes to holding a towel (or anything else). Things tend to just slip right off of those things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The cabins are assembled as discrete units. It always surprises some folks to realize that it's a metal box that's stuck into the ship. Asking questions is not a bad thing. Sorry if I came across as snarky. It wasn't my intent. Text isn't really the best medium for communication. When you buy magnetic hooks be sure to look for ones advertised as "super strong magnets" or Neodymium Magnets or something of the sort. It can be extremely annoying to have hooks that slide down the wall.

I use magnetic hooks in the cabin to hang up my hat on the hook while I have Patters or some other paperwork under the hooks. I also use a strong magnetic hook in the bathroom as I find those stupid rounded knobs on the door to be pretty ineffectual when it comes to holding a towel (or anything else). Things tend to just slip right off of those things.

Thank you, Thrak.  Forgiven.  

I didn’t know that the cabin was a metal box!

It says that they are 22 lb+ so i’m hoping they don’t slide down the wall.  Do you think that will be strong enough?  I thought about using them for masks and small purses.  I didn’t think about using them in the bathroom but that’s a good idea.  I may need to order a few more so I have some to share with my friend.

Thank you for asking an intelligent question and inquiring if the walls are metal. It drives me crazy when people ask, "Are the walls magnetic?" Sure, lady. You can just hang all your metal accessories right up there on the wall. Who needs drawers? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dunk said:

Thank you for asking an intelligent question and inquiring if the walls are metal. It drives me crazy when people ask, "Are the walls magnetic?" Sure, lady. You can just hang all your metal accessories right up there on the wall. Who needs drawers? 🤣

This drives me crazy too. I’ve seen several You Tube videos where perfectly intelligent people state the walls are magnetic. Don’t they know if the walls were magnetic their magnet hooks wouldn’t stick? 

• Like 4

LOL! OK, I give up. Though I've only had about 20 cruises since 1974, I have never thought "Geez, I wish these cabins came with hooks on the walls." Therefore, I've never given the need for hooks any thought at all. So, what is the purpose for hooks on walls that would cause some people to not leave home without them or even buy them specifically for the trip?  Do they even sell them aboard ships' stores (I never looked)?

I can’t stand clutter on the desk so I take good magnetic clips to hold invites, shore excursions and restaurant reservations separately.  We are cruising over Christmas this year so will take extra to hold our battery powered Christmas mini lights (thank you Costco). From Amazon.ca I bought luggage tag holders with metal loops that are awesome, and blingy retractable holders for the medallion.  Luggage scale, I never travel without it lol seen too many rearranging on the floor at check in.

8 hours ago, texasgirl29 said:

Don’t they know if the walls were magnetic their magnet hooks wouldn’t stick? 

Huh?  In general, magnets stick to other magnets.

...as long as they are free to orient themselves...

Here is a mister wizard-like video demonstraton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt8NOdINJ1s

Also, two-thumbs up on neodymium magnets.

These are not your father's oldsmobile!

They used to have to be scavenged from hard drives, etc. but now, they are generally available.

This is even better (but caution, some fruit was injured in the making of the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NFQ7BKTuCk

Edited by Roberto256