Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - Oct 6 - 10 2021...

sid_9169

22 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The life boats are held in place by REAL ROPE... Not cable... That must be an English thing... If it is cable, then it's covered in a half inch of brown grease...

PXL_20211007_212055770.thumb.jpg.79292135824efdd8c76e0c6c44e7da3b.jpg

PXL_20211007_212104019.jpg

just hope those ropes were properly pre-soaked. Fairly infamous story about a famine era landlord in my home village who got a fancy new ship built for shipping cargo, first decent rain shower on it’s maiden voyage and the ropes all swelled up, promptly jammed up everything and the ship sank.  It was uncovered in an extreme low tide here about 20 years ago, some local enterprising types went and salvaged the couple of tonnes of slate cargo. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eileeshb said:

just hope those ropes were properly pre-soaked. Fairly infamous story about a famine era landlord in my home village who got a fancy new ship built for shipping cargo, first decent rain shower on it’s maiden voyage and the ropes all swelled up, promptly jammed up everything and the ship sank.  It was uncovered in an extreme low tide here about 20 years ago, some local enterprising types went and salvaged the couple of tonnes of slate cargo. 

Upon further inspection, I think that it's some kind of brown grease covering real cable... Sure looks like rope though.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, ociana said:

@sid_9169 Which seating area have you found to be most comfortable so far? I need to scout out the perfect spot that is in the shade and comfy for hanging out to play cards with the hubby when we go.

I think that you just have to walk around and try them all. I'm always on the move, so I don't sit anywhere for long, if at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

I read on another forum that the shampoo is by Red Flower and called Hydrating Hair Wash- Ocean Scent https://redflower.com/hydrating-hair-wash.html?fbclid=IwAR0_dVxqiLiDQEcwr0cokx196fJSdQBDfjieWAI6pUGe4NHqMBwZBZ8h_YA

Any idea if they list the ingredients on the containers/dispensers in your stateroom? ‘Cos that link has reaffirmed my need to bring my own toiletries, aloe Vera is the bane of my life. It’s not that rare an allergy, so many people suffer without realising their “cure” is actually the cause. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

Any idea if they list the ingredients on the containers/dispensers in your stateroom? ‘Cos that link has reaffirmed my need to bring my own toiletries, aloe Vera is the bane of my life. It’s not that rare an allergy, so many people suffer without realising their “cure” is actually the cause. 

It is the Red Flower Ocean flavor shampoo. You should be able to check the ingredients on their website. It's $36 a bottle, so some high quality stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Master0396 said:

Do you know whats sold in Booty Free Shop?

It's pretty small compared to other cruise lines liquor shops. My coworkers wanted some Hennessy Pure White, but they didn't have it. Upon further inspection, I just looked through the window, and they do have it now.

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 2