Silver Spirit 27 September

MBP&O2/O

Agreed with Les37B, they do scan CC and your location provided the clues on who you were. And they are right, if they don’t know there’s a problem they can’t fix it. 

Internet is always a challenge, especially as most people are on all day and when they don’t use their devices they don’t log off. It causes a huge traffic jam on the  internet highway.

Good news they sent the passenger walking into LT for dinner in shorts and a t-shirt back to his cabin to change. Not an easy thing to do but the absolute right thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, WesW said:

Thanks for the Spirit update MBP &02/0.

Can you please share who the Captain, HD, CD, Restaurant Mgr and Head Sommelier are--thanks in advance

Captain Arma

HD - Marius Octavia Lima

RM - Mychal - not sure of his last name

Head Sommelier - Biljana A (can’t remember spelling of her last name)

Entire staff has been great, we have been on since 9/3. Food has been very good with a couple of exceptions.

• Like 3

Selection from La Dame …. Last night. The wine paring added circa $250 if you had them all. The wines were listed on the ‘hard copy’ paper menu, but not the TV.

BC3FA08D-B2B9-4672-8F5E-CC1DE3F0CB4A.jpeg

5332261A-8C5F-4242-90A1-BF8B86776774.jpeg

74D02801-2B4D-4E73-AE15-2C9C509FC262.jpeg

84ECBEAF-5051-4DB9-B1A0-3E73C6322A46.jpeg

2EB9BDC4-104A-4C10-B306-175251C39BFA.jpeg

Edited by MBP&O2/O
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Bordeaux … very near the centre! Taken from the observation deck at the wine museum.

Agree with the earlier post .. on board staff are great.

E98A7441-ED58-4B40-95FC-06B6393211C4.jpeg

Love the photo😃

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 7:44 AM, Observer said:

These CD announcements of forthcoming event are really a nuisance, but it does not happen more than once a day. Apparently it is a firm requirement of corporate.  The announcements are especially unwelcome when the CD tries to insert a bit of comedy act into the announcement.  Does corporate think the SS guests are unable to read the daily Chronicle?   

It’s been awhile but I don’t recall announcements at all on my prior SS cruises except perhaps for muster drills.  Is this something new?  It’s the thing I really dislike about some other cruise lines. 

46 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

In our experience going back to 2008, the announcements tend to occur daily prior to excursions beginning or around mid-morning when at sea.

You’re correct.  I guess announcements are so infrequent they’ve not left an impression unlike some other cruise lines where can be just annoying.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 3:21 AM, MBP&O2/O said:

Selection from La Dame …. Last night. The wine paring added circa $250 if you had them all. The wines were listed on the ‘hard copy’ paper menu, but not the TV.

BC3FA08D-B2B9-4672-8F5E-CC1DE3F0CB4A.jpeg

5332261A-8C5F-4242-90A1-BF8B86776774.jpeg

74D02801-2B4D-4E73-AE15-2C9C509FC262.jpeg

84ECBEAF-5051-4DB9-B1A0-3E73C6322A46.jpeg

2EB9BDC4-104A-4C10-B306-175251C39BFA.jpeg

Okay, looks delicious but seems a little bit old school. 

• Haha 2

On 10/3/2021 at 9:08 PM, Gourmet Gal said:

Okay, looks delicious but seems a little bit old school. 

Could you please explain what you mean by old school. It’s meant to be fine dining not nouvelle cuisine or fusion, and it’s certainly not going to be molecular gastronomy.

2 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Yikes!  This is what I needed to finally accept that I am old!

Or more to the point someone else does Cam!  🙄  Once again, personal perceptions do not define reality.   They are personal perceptions and personal preferences and that is the limit of the value anyone should attach to comments.  😁

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Yikes!  This is what I needed to finally accept that I am old!

Hi Cam, so nice to see you again😀 old? Naaaaa........mature and wise👍.....but old? No way.🙂

3 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Wow, I replied to Misty and Lois on their acknowledgement of my post...somehow it didn't post...weird.  Anyway, I try to be in the background supporting my Cooler friends.  One warm hug, and safe and lovely travels to all!

Hi Cam🙂 you are not old!