Christmas Day 2021 in Fort Lauderdale

SHANNY-MOE

Looking for recommendations of things to do, places to eat that will be open on Christmas Day 2021. 

Only there overnight and then leaving on the Odyssey of the Seas Cruise (hopefully)! 

Our flight comes in mid-morning Saturday, December 25th.  We are staying at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale and will not have a vehicle.   So looking for something walkable.   Any ideas?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly in the past, Coconuts (https://www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com/) has been opened on Christmas.  It is right down the street from the Bahia Mar and is one of our favorite restaurants in Fort Lauderdale.  Give them a call to see if they plan to be open this year.

The CarrieB is a sightseeing boat that, according to their website (www.carriebcruises.com), will have tours on Christmas Day.  They haven't announced their special holiday cruise on the website yet bu they are definitely sailing that day.  Their holiday evening cruise is a wonderful way to see how the 1% (more likely the .001%) live because they outdo each other competing in decorating their houses and yachts.  It would require a short Uber/taxi ride to/from their dock off Las Olas Blvd.

The Jungle Queen riverboat is located right next to the Bahia Mar and according to its website (www.junglequeen.com) is offering tours on Christmas too.

• Like 1

Go to Las Olas Blvd. Walk up one side of the street and then down the other. Lots of great restaurants will be open including Cheesecake Factory. The street is full of awesome incredible boutiques of everything from expensive things to ice cream.. Personally and IMHO Jungle Queen and Carrie B are not worth the money too touristy. I never take anyone there that come to visit me here in Ft. Lauderdale. Where are you staying?. Enjoy! Kathy

8 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Personally and IMHO Jungle Queen and Carrie B are not worth the money too touristy. I never take anyone there that come to visit me here in Ft. Lauderdale.

But they are tourists!  We take all our first time visitors on one or the other and have yet to have a complaint.  The evening cruises during the holidays are great even for us residents - at least those of us who are nosy 😁 and like looking at over the top Christmas decorations indoors and outdoors.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

But they are tourists!  We take all our first time visitors on one or the other and have yet to have a complaint

I have "sailed" on Carrie B as well as the Jungle Queen as a tourist.  I have enjoyed both.  The option of "touring" on the Water Taxi is even better, I think.  

The next time I am in Fort Lauderdale during the holidays such a tour is on my bucket list!  I enjoy seeing Christmas decorations.  There are those who are far more creative than I am!  

Edited by rkacruiser

Las Olas is nice but as it’s Christmas Day, many places will be closed. 

As a tourist a boat tour on either of those boats mentioned as well as the water taxi would be a lovely way to spend some time followed by a nice dinner.  

Uber and Lyft is an easy way to get around if you do want to go some place that is not within walking distance. 

@BlueHerons do you have any great suggestions

Hope whatever you end up choosing you have an amazing time followed by a fantastic cruise!

A few ago I was in FLL Dec 24 & 25.  I found restaurants names here on CC - Florida around my hotel.  I emailed and called to see which restaurants were going to be open on those dates.  I found very few were open and when I found one, I made a reservation.