FLL hotel great for kids

ssbeard1

We will need a hotel 1 night post cruise. Since we will be at the hotel early need one with a great pool for an 8 and 6 yr old. I will need 3 rooms so would prefer one that is reasonably priced.   We have only stayed precruise in FLL and cruised out of Miami.   

14 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Define "reasonably priced". That means a lot of different things, and may vary by time of year.

Embassy Suites FLL has a nice pool, and may be the way around having 4 in one room.

We will need 3 rooms.   It’s my adult kids, spouses and grands.    I was hoping for less than $250 a room, even better less than $200, as I will be paying for all 3 rooms.   If the hotel is close to kid fun activities that can trump a pool.    

Edited by ssbeard1

4 hours ago, ssbeard1 said:

We will need 3 rooms.   It’s my adult kids, spouses and grands.    I was hoping for less than $250 a room, even better less than $200, as I will be paying for all 3 rooms.   If the hotel is close to kid fun activities that can trump a pool.    

What is the date?  High season (Christmas through Easter), low season (summer), or in between?  Prices vary greatly depending on the season and if there are any other big events on the Fort Lauderdale calendar (boat show, Tortuga Music Festival).

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

What is the date?  High season (Christmas through Easter), low season (summer), or in between?  Prices vary greatly depending on the season and if there are any other big events on the Fort Lauderdale calendar (boat show, Tortuga Music Festival).

Mid March.   

10 minutes ago, ssbeard1 said:

Mid March.   

That is high season the height of college spring break so $250 will be difficult in Fort Lauderdale  

You might try looking in Plantation, a nice suburb about 10 miles west of Fort Lauderdale.  All the major chains have hotels there.  They are usually $50 or more cheaper than in Fort Lauderdale.  The Hampton Inn Plantation is frequently mentioned here and they have a shuttle from the airport and to the port (they were free IIRC before Covid but I don't know about now).

• Like 1

Yikes.  Didn’t think about spring breakers and definitely don’t want the grands in that atmosphere at their age.  several years ago I booked through a site recommended on CC that had a great discount for hotel , pickup and drop off at airport was $2 per room.   I can not find that site mentioned or hotel.    

Was it ValueTrips (http://www.valuetrips.com/) for the Hyatt Place Cruise Port off 17th Street near the port?  I checked ValueTrips website and they haven't published any rates for 2022 yet but it would be worth following.  I also checked Hyatt Place's website and it looks like rooms start around $300 on a Friday in mid-March so if and when ValueTrips publishes their rates maybe it would be closer to $250.  

In the meantime it might be wise to make a fully refundable reservation at another hotel and keep checking ValueTrips.  Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

Was it ValueTrips (http://www.valuetrips.com/) for the Hyatt Place Cruise Port off 17th Street near the port?  I checked ValueTrips website and they haven't published any rates for 2022 yet but it would be worth following.  I also checked Hyatt Place's website and it looks like rooms start around $300 on a Friday in mid-March so if and when ValueTrips publishes their rates maybe it would be closer to $250.  

In the meantime it might be wise to make a fully refundable reservation at another hotel and keep checking ValueTrips.  Good luck!

Absolutely this ^^^^

• Like 1

If you went to a place like the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport you might be able to get away with two rooms. The 2 bedroom, 2 bath units can hold 6 people and it sounds like you have 8? The pool isn't fancy, but at 6 and 8, kids don't need too much. It also includes a cooked breakfast in the morning (assuming things are back to normal).

If you didn't have the rate restriction I would have said the JW Marriott Turnberry, which has a water park attached to it. Yes it is 13 miles from the cruise port, but the hotel and facilities are simply amazing for kids (teens especially) and not bad for adults.

• Like 1

Spring break in Fort Lauderdale is much more family-oriented than It was in the 1980s.

But even still, you are not likely to find a nice hotel near the Fort Lauderdale beach for less than 325 per room per night in mid-March.

You might look at Dania, which is immediately south of the Fort Lauderdale airport. Getting to the beach is less than two miles and the Ann Kolb Nature Center and a state park with a long beach isn’t too far away. Port Everglades is immediately north of the Fort Lauderdale airport. If you’re sailing out on a Sunday and there are ships sailing out on Saturday, you can go to the state park and watch them sail await, usually between 4pm and 6pm. There’s a restaurant called “quarterdeck” immediately south of the park, on the pier. It’s family-friendly. A very, very good burger is about $15. They also have ribs, chicken, salads, and sushi. 

• Like 1

@ssbeard1 - In case you didn't see this post by green eyed lady on the two current Value Trips threads:

I was also trying to get rates for 2022 and I got an email back from them today finally. They said rates for 2022 should be posted by end of October so I should wait till then to book it.  And cancellation is 24 hours before.

Edited by capriccio