Medallion app tipping

Retired 07

Food servers (including room service servers) are included in the pool receiving tips from the crew incentives automatically charged to your onboard account or included in Princess Plus. Bartenders are included in the pool receiving tips from the 18% service charge automatically added to the price of any purchased drinks or included in the Premier Beverage Package or in Princess Plus.

If you want to tip extra for outstanding service, that is your decision. If so, the best way to provide an extra tip would be cash - but who carries cash in the pool area? Whether or not you want to tip extra is your own personal decision, but it is not expected or required, since the normal tip is included in the crew incentives or drink service charge you are already paying.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Food servers (including room service servers) are included in the pool receiving tips from the crew incentives automatically charged to your onboard account or included in Princess Plus. Bartenders are included in the pool receiving tips from the 18% service charge automatically added to the price of any purchased drinks or included in the Premier Beverage Package or in Princess Plus.

If you want to tip extra for outstanding service, that is your decision. If so, the best way to provide an extra tip would be cash - but who carries cash in the pool area? Whether or not you want to tip extra is your own personal decision, but it is not expected or required, since the normal tip is included in the crew incentives or drink service charge you are already paying.

Thank you, that is very helpful. I believe I’ll still tip for room service because I always have, and it would be awkward not to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

And they will happily take your cash.

Enjoy your cruise.

And they show their appreciation by making sure they personally deliver you order every am,  since they remember we tip well.   We do room service for breakfast usually have same person every morning, nice way to start day or us and them. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Retired 07 said:

I know we tip for room service, but with the new medallion app, do you tip if, say, you get a sandwich delivered to the pool area.? 

I have tips covered by our booking, just the same I am taking $200 in , 10, 5 and 1 and plan to tip as I go for good service.  Even in the buffet area, if we ask for something special not out, we tip and are happy to do so, when someone makes an effort get what we requested. 

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
18 hours ago, pris993 said:

I have tips covered by our booking, just the same I am taking $200 in , 10, 5 and 1 and plan to tip as I go for good service.  Even in the buffet area, if we ask for something special not out, we tip and are happy to do so, when someone makes an effort get what we requested. 

Sorry... I don't understand... you tip to reward getting what you requested? Did I get that right? Surely getting what you requested should just be part of a normal service. Not getting what you requested is BAD service and should be reported.

I tip extra for service above the norm... not just for normal service.

4 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I tip extra for service above the norm... not just for normal service.

Which is what we do. But that is the difference between the UK and the US  with regards to tipping.  

Guest Snaxmuppet
7 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I think Americans are used to tipping for any service because the staff’s pay is partially (mostly!?!) from tips.  In my mind I am tipping the person that brought it to me because I could have gone to get it myself. 

If tips are included and room service is included then you have already tipped for them to bring it to your room! This is why I don't like automatic gratuities. It encourages double tipping.

2 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

If tips are included and room service is included then you have already tipped for them to bring it to your room! This is why I don't like automatic gratuities. It encourages double tipping.

Doesn't bother me so I tip again.  You don't have to.

In my mind, automatic gratuities are for dinning room staff, people that work the outside grill, those that work in the buffet.  If someone brings me something when I could have gotten up and got it myself, I tip.

• Like 2