Should we boycott Princess until Medallion App works ?

kbt cruiser

I am going to take the online Covid test today.  Does anyone know if there are certain hours a med-health rep is avail? Ie 9-5 or anytime? Gotta figure out my schedule.

ps Princess rep called me yesterday -( I leave Sat majestic Mexico) said mask rules tightened!!! Guess I’ll always have a drink in hand. Ha no, I only care not to wear by the pool in ☀️ sun

thanks

21 hours ago, Bdarlin said:

Lscruiser - welcome to the club. I leave this Saturday and finally got app on our phones last night and obviously not much further than that. All green lane gone , been trying this for months. Past cruisers, need help with my mom and at this point just showing up 3 days! NEVER again!  Even our our agent quit half way thru which we’ve used forever and left us high and dry.  

adios Princess once we enjoy Mexico one last time with you!

It has been reported again and again and again by people who just showed up with their printed travel summary and had no issue getting on. In fact the final email before boarding in August had the boarding by deck assignments.  Why waste time or energy trying to get something to work for those of you having issues???? (I was fine except never got departure time slot. Ah well we know we depart)

• Like 2

I am booked on a Crystal cruise in December.   I did one in July and it was really wonderful.   This cruise line administers the COVID test when you get to the port and it worked seamlessly.   As passengers arrived, they sent them to a table (there were many, so no long waits) for a nasal swab, then passengers sat for about 20 minutes.   The cruise line then emailed the results and we took our email to a door where they checked it and let us into the boarding area.   They issued us a tracking device to wear on the wrist.  2 days before we returned to port, they administered another COVID test onboard.  If anyone tested positive (and 2 people did) they then contacted passengers who were in close proximity to them for secondary testing.   All of them cleared.   The cost for the second test was minimal and there was no charge for the pre-boarding test.  I'm not sure if you still need a negative COVID test to re-enter the US but I went on two trips this year where it was required and the Crystal method was by far the easiest.  

I am quite familiar with all of the ports Princess cruises out of to go to Mexico and all of them could easily accommodate a system like the one Crystal used.   No masks were required aboard the ship.  Temps were taken at the entrance to each public area and hand sanitizer was required.  It was safe and comfortable.  Perhaps it works better on Crystal because it is smaller - less than 1000 passengers.  

Still no luck with the app and we (all six of us) are prepared to just show up.  

3 hours ago, Lscruiser said:

I am booked on a Crystal cruise in December.   I did one in July and it was really wonderful.   This cruise line administers the COVID test when you get to the port and it worked seamlessly.   As passengers arrived, they sent them to a table (there were many, so no long waits) for a nasal swab, then passengers sat for about 20 minutes.   The cruise line then emailed the results and we took our email to a door where they checked it and let us into the boarding area.   They issued us a tracking device to wear on the wrist.  2 days before we returned to port, they administered another COVID test onboard.  If anyone tested positive (and 2 people did) they then contacted passengers who were in close proximity to them for secondary testing.   All of them cleared.   The cost for the second test was minimal and there was no charge for the pre-boarding test.  I'm not sure if you still need a negative COVID test to re-enter the US but I went on two trips this year where it was required and the Crystal method was by far the easiest.  

I am quite familiar with all of the ports Princess cruises out of to go to Mexico and all of them could easily accommodate a system like the one Crystal used.   No masks were required aboard the ship.  Temps were taken at the entrance to each public area and hand sanitizer was required.  It was safe and comfortable.  Perhaps it works better on Crystal because it is smaller - less than 1000 passengers.  

Still no luck with the app and we (all six of us) are prepared to just show up.  

Even doctors offices here are not taking temperatures when you come in.  Thought that was an unnecessary step even last year

I talked to an agent at Ocean Support yesterday.  She said to expect a major release of an updated Medallion app by the end of the year.  Sounds like they're completely re-writing it.  I expect that's cheaper and faster than trying to fix the current train wreck. 

She also confirmed that Ocean Ready will return to the Wab page soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3