Celebrity and “Destination Immersion”

nordski

We were watching a webinar presented by an official from Celebrity and a large travel agency, both centred in Canada.

The official emphasized that Celebrity was offering more overnights on some of its European itineraries.

The latter approach was so significant that the official referred to it as “destination immersion”. Perhaps, in his mind, it was even capitalized.

Indeed, this is a wonderful idea and that phrase is quite catchy. They certainly grabbed my attention.

I wonder if any other company has thought of using both the idea and phrase and considered registering the latter as a trademark. 😄

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, laurieb said:

Hmmm where have I heard it before….

That was exactly the question that distracted me in the final part of the presentation.

Well, and the added question as to whether there was a cruise line left that didn't, for a considerable premium, emphasize an opportunity to be separate from most of my fellow cruisers.

To both questions the answer was the same.

• Like 1

It's just a marketing ploy and typical of Celebrity (who I enjoy as a cruiseline BTW). How can you see yourself as destination immersion when in many ports you are docked miles away?  St Petersburg, Ho Chi Minh, Seville. The list goes on. Staying overnight in a few ports in Europe definitely doesn't class you as destination immersion. 

Phil 

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Celebrity has been extremely aggressive with emails lately; I've been getting 2 and sometimes 3 a day.

Me, too!

Prices for suites are sky high!!  Don’t like the whole retreat concept!

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1

The only thing that Celebrity does for

8 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's just a marketing ploy and typical of Celebrity (who I enjoy as a cruiseline BTW). How can you see yourself as destination immersion when in many ports you are docked miles away?  St Petersburg, Ho Chi Minh, Seville. The list goes on. Staying overnight in a few ports in Europe definitely doesn't class you as destination immersion. 

Phil 

The only thing Celebrity Immersions themselves into is your pocketbook.  I agree, they can claim they do destination immersion all they want but repeating the marketing lie doesn't make it true.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1