My first cruise as a crossdresser

Megans cruise

Hello everyone 

I am a crossdresser going on my first ever cruise. I am very excited but nervous about been on board dressed as a woman. I do go out in public dressed and try and blend in as best i can. My question is will i be able to go on board dressed and enjoy myself as a woman? As i havnt been on a ship before are there rules about crossdressing and what type of clothing should i pack? (When i get dressed i dont go for very short skirts ect i always dress my age, knee length skirts ect)

Any help regarding this.

Thank you

Megan

There are no rules related to cross-dressing, but there might be rules to the type of clothing you wear depending on the ship.  Most ships are pretty laid back now days regarding dress.  Some have chic nights where the dress is a bit more formal, but for a woman that can be a dress or nice top and slacks and sparkle's are always in style on ships.  A few lines still have formal nights, but again, for women almost anything goes except for jeans or shorts in the dining room. Pack whatever you want to wear.  You do you and don't worry about what others think.  I would stay away from of the more formal cruises that appeal to older crowds if you are concerned about getting "looks" but, for the most part I think people are very accepting now days of people being their authentic selves.

When you are dressed to present yourself as a woman expect to be addressed as "Ma'am".   Crew members and fellow passengers cannot know if you cross dress for fun or if you are gender transitioning.  Your travel documents and boarding information will have you identified as a male.  There will be some confusion if you present as female one day and as a male the next. 

7 hours ago, Megans cruise said:

Hello everyone 

I am a crossdresser going on my first ever cruise. I am very excited but nervous about been on board dressed as a woman. I do go out in public dressed and try and blend in as best i can. My question is will i be able to go on board dressed and enjoy myself as a woman? As i havnt been on a ship before are there rules about crossdressing and what type of clothing should i pack? (When i get dressed i dont go for very short skirts ect i always dress my age, knee length skirts ect)

Any help regarding this.

Thank you

Megan

The most important think is to ensure all your documentation matches - names on ticket and passport.

I don't think the port / cruise line check in folks are too concerned about what you are wearing, as long as the paperwork is in order.

Will your cruise have multiple port stops, or will it be a short one [e.g. QM2 round trip to Hamburg]?

If you are planning on shore excursions, some ports will want to see a government ID before you can reach the place where your ship's card is scanned.

A couple of years back, I had a fairly long discussion with the QM2's security officer. He said that Cunard makes some special allowances for TG folks - including the option of having two ships cards linked to the same account, one for each presentation. This speeds up post excursion checkin when the picture displayed on the computer matches the passenger's current presentation.

As far as 'what to wear', that depends on the cruise line and itinerary.  For example, on Cunard there is an explicit evening dress code that applies to most public spaces beginning at 1800 ship's time. I've usually made the tux or gown decision beforehand, but there is always a change from daytime to evening.

Many other lines seem to have abandoned an explicit dress code - but often there are examples or anecdotes. Check the lines advertising, their forum her on CC, and look for photos or videos. You may also want to look in the 'Cruise Fashions & Beauty' forum. 

7 hours ago, Megans cruise said:

Hello everyone 

Any help regarding this.

Thank you

Megan

Have witnessed cross dressers enjoying themselves on RCL, Celebrity and Cunard.  With RCL being in the highest group with Cunard the lowest, but Cunard had the most sparkle.

One’s Wife had a great “fashion” conversation in the Commodore Club, his first hand knowledge was exceptional and interesting.  What he said goes on behind the scenes will not be published, as it is definitely not for the delicate nature of many posters on this site.

Live and let live, as long as they abide by the dress code.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Have witnessed cross dressers enjoying themselves on RCL, Celebrity and Cunard.  With RCL being in the highest group with Cunard the lowest, but Cunard had the most sparkle.

One’s Wife had a great “fashion” conversation in the Commodore Club, his first hand knowledge was exceptional and interesting.  What he said goes on behind the scenes will not be published, as it is definitely not for the delicate nature of many posters on this site.

Live and let live, as long as they abide by the dress code.

Just be as faboo & respectful as you would want anyone else to be......the way people dress ...anything goes....now  men are painting their finger & toe nails as women do.....

I have a friend that is an officer for RCCL.....the stories he tells me are quite shocking, wild & delicious to say the least..... he also mentioned the wildest cruises are when RCCL hosts SWINGERS CRUISES>>>>he said it takes a week for the crew to clean up & recover...

As far as crew ....I found most to be quite liberal, accepting & fun...

Get out the chiffon & dance away....

• 4 months later...