RCCL Newbs

Hello!

We are long time NCL-ers (Platinum status) and are considering a 7 day Florida/Bahamas cruise on Anthem of the Seas out of Port Elizabeth in NJ.  The ship looks absolutely gorgeous but we were wondering about dining options on Anthem.  We're used to NCL's Freestyle dining & don't want to go back to the required formal dress, same table, same waiter, same time, etc. etc.  We pretty much stick to the main dining venues on NCL ships and only go to the specialty restaurants that we get as freebies for our Platinum status.  So we'd like to know what are the dining options aboard Anthem.  For that matter, we'd be interested in ANY tips/suggestions/etc.  

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, tomk3212 said:

So we'd like to know what are the dining options aboard Anthem.

They are fairly close to what NCL offers, but RCI calls the Freestyle equivalent My Time Dining (MTD). You can search Anthem threads for info. 

Edited by Biker19

Have no idea what Brillo is saying... Done this ship and Itinerary 2 times and a 5 night Bermuda on her. A lot of people get dressed up for formal night. It's absolutely optional as well. I'll be on her again and this itinerary in February. Also I just noticed Brillo has never sailed this ship or class nor sailed out of New Jersey.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moltar said:

Have no idea what Brillo is saying... Done this ship and Itinerary 2 times and a 5 night Bermuda on her. A lot of people get dressed up for formal night. It's absolutely optional as well. I'll be on her again and this itinerary in February. Also I just noticed Brillo has never sailed this ship or class nor sailed out of New Jersey.

I've sailed out of NYC before, but not NJ and not on Anthem.  

I've sailed multiple times to the Caribbean.  Yes, SOME people get super-duper dressed up on the formal nights, but SOME people do not.  ALL are acceptable.  

It's your vacation.  You do you. 

4 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

@dahirsh Apologies!!!  I meant Cape Liberty!  I dunno where Port Elizabeth came from when I was writing this...lol

Easy mistake, Cape Liberty Cruise Port,  New Jersey.. Port Elizabeth, New Jersey. You got most of the words..