Trying to call Carnival!

crookedhalo

I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this, but the search the forum feature seems to have disappeared 😞

To my question - I have been trying to call Carnival since like Saturday morning and get the standard 'we're busy please hold', which I have no problem with and am willing to hold as long as needed. BUT about 15 seconds later it comes up with 'the system is having technical difficulties. please call back later" and then disconnects me!

Is anyone else having this problem?  I also got a Vax Attestation for a cruise in February of next year, which I find a bit odd. The other option is that it is for my canceled Horizon cruise in December, but they tell you if you don't reply in 48 hours the world ends. And it's not in my 'things to do' section of my upcoming Feb. cruise. I am flumoxed.

6 minutes ago, crookedhalo said:

I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this, but the search the forum feature seems to have disappeared 😞

To my question - I have been trying to call Carnival since like Saturday morning and get the standard 'we're busy please hold', which I have no problem with and am willing to hold as long as needed. BUT about 15 seconds later it comes up with 'the system is having technical difficulties. please call back later" and then disconnects me!

Is anyone else having this problem?  I also got a Vax Attestation for a cruise in February of next year, which I find a bit odd. The other option is that it is for my canceled Horizon cruise in December, but they tell you if you don't reply in 48 hours the world ends. And it's not in my 'things to do' section of my upcoming Feb. cruise. I am flumoxed.

Not having that issue, but a press release was issued by John Heald saying the 48 hour deadline email was unintentional and they will not cancel you cruise.

I got that same message when I entered the extension number of the cruise consultant we previously talked to.  However, if I did not enter that extension number, I got put in the waiting line to speak to a representative.  Sadly, it took me *3.5 HOURS* to speak to someone and get my issue resolved but at least it is resolved now.  I suggest you get a good show going on Netflix or whatever, don't enter an extension number (instead choose option 4 for existing cruise then option 1 for payment question if you issue is about payment) and settle in to wait.  The reps, when I finally got to speak to them, were VERY nice and helpful and American but having to hold for 3.5 hour is unconscionable. 

26 minutes ago, crookedhalo said:

Just happened to us 5 minutes ago. technical difficulties.

Silly me - I must be a sheeple LOL. I guess I don't like to be hung up on, so I beat them to the punch 😉

Stayed on and actually got someone who took care of what I needed in total (hold & rep) of 45 minutes 🙂

Thanks everyone 🙂

They canceled our Feb 20  "Dream" cruise from Galveston and did not even tell us.  Went on website to buy excursions and booking # and last name did not  bring up any any thing.  2 hrs on hold and finally she said that  cruise was canceled and the ship was going it to dry dock.  No apology, no offer for another cruise, only credit offer for the exact amount of our deposit. 

I told her no thanks and give me my money back, she transfered me, another 45 min wait on hold.  He finally said he'd credit it back to our credit card.  It's been a week, have not got it yet

Obviously not happy with Carnival now, and maybe not happy with entire cruise industry.

3 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I bet the accidental email caused them to get a pile of phone calls from worried cruisers.

I am seeing on Facebook people are still asking about the email so thats probably why the phones are so busy.

“Unexpected call volume”.  If you get that message EVERY time you call, I by definition cannot be “unexpected”!   Yet almost all customer service lines use that.  As Inigo Montoya would say “I don’t think that word means what you think that word means” 🤒    

Saw a meme I really loved of the guy who invented the “press one” voice system sitting in Hell trying to call Heaven Customer Service and having to constantly “press one” and getting “unexpected call volume”.  🤨

The issues I had with trying to get someone live 20 times last week (all unsuccessful) were due to a different message - once I made my way through the IVR maze and started to hear the music and cheerful carnival lady jokes and riddles, they were interrupted by a message (something like): WE'RE SORRY (THE BORG) WE CANNOT ANSWER YOUR CALL IN A SATISFACTORY AMOUNT OF TIME, GOODBYE -  AND THEN THEY ACTUALLY HUNG UP ON ME.  20 TIMES!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, klfhngr said:

On the phone as we 'speak'! Same message, but it put me in the queue. Been on hold for 38 minutes so far! We'll see how long it takes, I'm in no rush, I'm working and in Zooms, lol!

call completed, 1 hour and 40 minutes later!

19 hours ago, Max49 said:

They canceled our Feb 20  "Dream" cruise from Galveston and did not even tell us.  Went on website to buy excursions and booking # and last name did not  bring up any any thing.  2 hrs on hold and finally she said that  cruise was canceled and the ship was going it to dry dock.  No apology, no offer for another cruise, only credit offer for the exact amount of our deposit. 

I told her no thanks and give me my money back, she transfered me, another 45 min wait on hold.  He finally said he'd credit it back to our credit card.  It's been a week, have not got it yet

Obviously not happy with Carnival now, and maybe not happy with entire cruise industry.

I can say when I Got a refund from Carnival, it was extremely fast considering. I took about 2 weeks while other cruise lines took over 90 days. That was a "royal" pain to deal with.