Report: mixed vaccine to be accepted

nbsjcruiser

4 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I’ve read a few stories that say mixed vaccines will be approved but I haven’t seen anything specifically saying AstraZeneca and Moderna/Pfizer.

https://www.cp24.com/news/u-s-will-accept-mixed-doses-of-vaccines-from-international-travellers-1.5625453

"The CDC said the vaccines approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use, as well as those authorized by the WHO, will be accepted for entry into the United States, including the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The CDC said "individuals who have any combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO emergency use listed COVID-19 two-dose series are considered fully vaccinated.""

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I’ve read a few stories that say mixed vaccines will be approved but I haven’t seen anything specifically saying AstraZeneca and Moderna/Pfizer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-canadian-travellers-mixed-vaccines-1.6213176

"Individuals inoculated with any combination of two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by U.S. regulators or the World Health Organization will be considered fully vaccinated, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) told CBC News.

WHO-approved vaccines include Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca and its Indian-made counterpart, Covishield. So travellers with any combination of these vaccines will be allowed to enter the U.S. 

The CDC does not recognize mixing COVID-19 vaccines but said it updated its guidance to reflect growing global acceptance of the practice. 

"While CDC has not recommended mixing types of vaccine in a primary series, we recognize that this is increasingly common in other countries so should be accepted for the interpretation of vaccine records," CDC spokesperson Kristen Nordlund said in an email. 

"

• Like 1

Just saw an article that specifically says any 

1 minute ago, DaddyBytes said:

https://www.cp24.com/news/u-s-will-accept-mixed-doses-of-vaccines-from-international-travellers-1.5625453

"The CDC said the vaccines approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use, as well as those authorized by the WHO, will be accepted for entry into the United States, including the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The CDC said "individuals who have any combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO emergency use listed COVID-19 two-dose series are considered fully vaccinated.""

Thanks. I just read the same article. I’m elated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, truckswain said:

This is great news!!.  I had my trip to Edmonton, I am from Ontario, all booked to get my third dose to go on our Apex cruise in November. 

So next question, how long before the cruise lines update their requirements?  Bloody soon I hope!

They should do it as of Nov 8 afaic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

So excited about this news.

So many of us have been so stressed and annoyed and worried.

We are getting out of this pandemic 🙂

You must be psychic!! Didn't you predict this would happen when you posted about getting your third dose. 🤔 it's definitely great news for many of us. 😊

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hancogran said:

You must be psychic!! Didn't you predict this would happen when you posted about getting your third dose. 🤔 it's definitely great news for many of us. 😊

I'd like to think I have the best luck when it comes to travelling.

When we went on an Alaskan cruise we were the last helicopter to go out before fog cancelled the rest of the day.

We've offered to give up our plane tickets and got over $3000 in travel credits.

I have rarely had bad weather on vacation, no matter where I go.

Oh and I've never missed a flight, even when I showed up 5 minutes before it left.

I'm just happy for everyone else with mixed doses who couldn't get a 3rd dose.

Edited by K_e_short
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I'd like to think I have the best luck when it comes to travelling.

When we went on an Alaskan cruise we were the last helicopter to go out before fog cancelled the rest of the day.

We've offered to give up our plane tickets and got over $3000 in travel credits.

I have rarely had bad weather on vacation, no matter where I go.

Oh and I've never missed a flight, even when I showed up 5 minutes before it left.

I'm just happy for everyone else with mixed doses who couldn't get a 3rd dose.

I’m happy too. And good luck on your future good lucks.  I’m lucky when it’s important to be lucky…like getting out of Ottawa in the Winter without a hassle. 😁

• Like 2