MSC Divina 10/24, no travel documents

cjhcruise

Good afternoon everyone,

I booked this cruise last year and my sail date is only 6 days away now but I still haven't received my travel documents/tickets. Their website shows me as booked and all of my web check in information is completed but it says the documents aren't ready yet. Do I need to keep calling and asking for documents? I've called twice now and they say they're submitting a request for the documents and that I should receive them "soon."

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Keep at them!!!  They’re usually issued within 3 weeks. 

We had a similar situation last week for our cruise next Friday.  In our case, it was a hitch with flights.  We finally got the tickets last Friday - 7 days out - after ringing constantly until they issued them. 

Check your email thoroughly including spam folder. 
We cruise 11/14th on Divina and we received an email with our docs last Thursday. 
When I log in on the MSC site it still shows that my docs aren’t available because it’s not within 20 days. 

Also that is the infamous Salsa cruise right? Have you had any correspondence from MSC regarding that?

Below is the screenshot of what I see when I log on to their site  stating my docs aren’t available and the next photo is a screen shot of the email I received with the edocs 30 days before we cruise. 🧐very contradictory lol 

12A8B96A-6423-42D4-93F6-65AB527E95E1.png

28817A1C-4A26-4536-AFD8-F33DE60B80B6.jpeg

Edited by styles27
Add photos
  • Like 1

Same thing for my Nov 7th cruise.  Did you use a travel agent or book directly?  Do you have a copy of your completed booking showing you’re paid in full?  If this is on the Divina, you are on the Salsa cruise!  This could be the problem—they may have changed you to guarantee and not assigned a cabin yet.  In any event, call them again but get all your paperwork together and documents required for boarding—passport, vaccine document, get a testing appointment for the 22nd.  What travel do you have to do?  Good luck!  I hope this isn’t a preview for us!

I'm on mobile at the moment so I can't take a screen shot but it shows all check marks when I login, it's only when I click web check in and go to the end that it says my documents aren't ready yet. It is the SalsaCruise so I'm thinking that Salsa may be trying to sell the room I'm currently assigned to. 

I booked directly through MSC and paid in full which it shows on their website. I'll definitely going to call again in the morning. 

PRH: I only have about a 3 hour drive to the port so I dont have to worry about flights or anything thankfully. I'm sure your cruise will go without any issues!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Geobugs said:
1: log in
2: click web check in
3: click edit information
4: click ‘next’ three times
5: click ‘send tickets’

Doesn’t work.  Have attempted multiple ways, multiple times.  Please believe those of us caught in this quagmire!  Some of us simply cannot access our boarding documents.  Period.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, styles27 said:

I have a feeling it’s because the ship is chartered by the Salsa group. 
They’re probably trying to sell every single room before the window closes which is 48 hrs before sailing right?

Styles27 is correct. 
Divina Oct 24 is the notorious Salsa charter. 
Just re-read OP post-

. Booked last year so, you booked it as a 4 day cruise?
It was changed to 7 day about end of August. Emails were sent out to those booked on MSC first part of September.

Salsa cruise charter was changed to Divina end of June.
They “own” your booking and have been changing cabin assignments of non-Salsa cruisers to the undesirable cabins, including downgrading experience booked and not providing on board included perks.

MSC claims they have no control over this .
Many have cancelled , others are trying to hold MSC accountable for selling something they have no intention on delivering .

Look for Salsa cruise nightmare thread.

Those that have received documents with luggage tags find they have been moved to lower quality and level  accommodations with no recourse.

If you are using a TA, definitely call immediately.

Edited by phissy
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, phissy said:

Styles27 is correct. 
Divina Oct 24 is the notorious Salsa charter. 
Just re-read OP post-

. Booked last year so, you booked it as a 4 day cruise?
It was changed to 7 day about end of August. Emails were sent out to those booked on MSC first part of September.

Salsa cruise charter was changed to Divina end of June.
They “own” your booking and have been changing cabin assignments of non-Salsa cruisers to the undesirable cabins, including downgrading experience booked and not providing on board included perks.

MSC claims they have no control over this .
Many have cancelled , others are trying to hold MSC accountable for selling something they have no intention on delivering .

Look for Salsa cruise nightmare thread.

Those that have received documents with luggage tags find they have been moved to lower quality and level  accommodations with no recourse.

If you are using a TA, definitely call immediately.

Correct, I booked as a 4 day cruise originally but agreed to stay on the cruise for the 7 days and upgraded to a balcony room. 

Do you think I will get my boarding documents friday/saturday after we get within 48 hours of sailing? I dont want to be unable to board because I didnt follow through enough. 

• Like 1

In this case, I would follow Bea’s advice.

See above post.

Keep bugging MSC and use terms urgent and priority as this needs to be done before 24th of this month.

Good Luck

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cjhcruise said:

Good news is that I received an email with etickets this morning, the bad news is that they're someone else's tickets for a different cruise! 

I'm at a bit of a loss for words at that, I guess its time to call again.

Wow that’s a new one! Totally unacceptable that you now have access to someone else’s info and makes me wonder how often this actually does happen. 
I wonder if those folks have your tickets?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cjhcruise said:

Good news is that I received an email with etickets this morning, the bad news is that they're someone else's tickets for a different cruise! 

I'm at a bit of a loss for words at that, I guess its time to call again.

I am at a loss for words!  This is making me anxious since web sign-in says all information has not been completed so no ticket or boarding docs.  Intermittently it says that our booking number is “not booked” despit3 us having an MSC booking document showing our booked cabin (now guarantee) and paid in full.  I wish you luck!  I feel your frustration!

• Like 1