Bids to move up?

WMF123

Hi guys, finally able to log on and see the move up offers. This is my first time participating and I just wanted some advice. 

Has anyone won from the minimum bids to move up?
if your offer was just above but still “weak” what were your experiences? Did you get accepted?

last question I have is if we bid on multiple types is it possible to win on both or rejected on all? If you win for both, do they let you choose?

FYI I’m currently in a veranda cabin for celebrity apex ship. Looking at either aqua or concierge. 

thank you so much!

3 minutes ago, WMF123 said:

Hi guys, finally able to log on and see the move up offers. This is my first time participating and I just wanted some advice. 

if your offer was just above but still “weak” what were your experiences? Did you get accepted?

last question I have is if we bid on multiple types is it possible to win on both or rejected on all? If you win for both, do they let you choose?

FYI I’m currently in a veranda cabin for celebrity apex ship. Looking at either aqua or concierge. 

thank you so much!

I have moved up when I up my offer so it isn’t in the weak category.  But I moved up to suites and they have fewer of them.  Many more Aqua and CC cabins 

27 minutes ago, WMF123 said:

thank you so much!

We got accepted for a Sky Suite a few weeks back for a 7 night cruise. Minimum bid was €505pp and we bid €540pp which was weak but accepted 🙂 

You can only win on one and that is down to celebrity’s choice. All other bids are rejected. Equally you could be rejected on all depending on bid/availability/demand.

Right now the boats are sailing about half full. If you are trying to move to a Suite, you may have to put in a decent bid since most ships are sailing close to 100% in Retreat suites. If you are trying to move from and inside/oceanview to Balcony, CC or AQ; you can pretty much do that with the minimum bid. 

We booked an oceanview for our last cruise and the min bid for AQ was $300 and I bid $305, bid was accepted about 5 days prior to the cruise departure.

Take a look at your cruise and do a mock booking for each class of room you want to consider upgrading into and see what's available. If there are tons of rooms, go with the minimum bid.

19 hours ago, WMF123 said:

Check the thread at the beginning of the Celebrity board. You will need to skip to near the end to find posts for cruises since the restart.

To move from veranda to either Concierge or Aqua the cabin is identical to a IV.  If you win a bid to Aqua you will be able to dine in Blu for breakfast & dinner. Both AQ and Concierge get afternoon canapés ( some good others unidentifiable) and a bottle of sparkling wine.

You will not get the additional captains club points.  If your bid is accepted your card is charged and you are notified of your new cabin, no opportunity to decline if you don’t like the location.

If you are moving up to a cabin that is a non suite you should check what the normal price is and see if it is worth doing the move up.  

When you move up you don’t get to choose the location and don’t get the extra CC points.  If the difference isn’t that much it isn’t worth doing.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1