Covid Test pre cruise

Hi. I am cruising on Anthem of the Seas November 14th. Cant wait.  This is going to sound stupid.  When they say the test has to be within  2 days of the cruise,  so if I get my test done on  Friday, I will be ok for Sunday? Comfused......Thanks. Luke 

• Like 1

Just now, CarnieAddict said:

Hi. I am cruising on Anthem of the Seas November 14th. Cant wait.  This is going to sound stupid.  When they say the test has to be within  2 days of the cruise,  so if I get my test done on  Friday, I will be ok for Sunday? Comfused......Thanks. Luke 

Yes Friday is fine for a Sunday departure.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rjh8115 said:

I booked our tests through CVS 13 days ahead of our test date.  Just took our tests this morning (departing Symphony on Saturday) and had the results back within an hour.  

I am from Canada.  Not sure CVS do the tests for non residents. 

38 minutes ago, CarnieAddict said:

Not sure about that either. I would call CVS with that question. Or maybe add the word Canadian in your subject, so some of them might see it and answer your question.

3 hours ago, CarnieAddict said:

We're wondering how we'll do these tests. We're from the UK and going on the Harmony in January. We can't access the tests because we're non residents too.

16 hours ago, rjh8115 said:

I booked our tests through CVS 13 days ahead of our test date.  Just took our tests this morning (departing Symphony on Saturday) and had the results back within an hour.  

I meant to direct  my question to rjh8115:

Did you get the PCR / NAAT version from CVS, do you get a digital result and is that form acceptable for RCL? 
Just making sure I have everything I need for our December cruise.

14 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

We're wondering how we'll do these tests. We're from the UK and going on the Harmony in January. We can't access the tests because we're non residents too.

Same problem here and we'll be flying in two days before the cruise so our window is very tight.

I was recommended to visit one of the 24hr testing sites on arrival in Miami such as Tropical Park but I'm concerned about the rules for non-residents and whether they'll affect us.

If anyone has been through the process from the UK already, I'm all ears!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeonXIII said:

Same problem here and we'll be flying in two days before the cruise so our window is very tight.

I was recommended to visit one of the 24hr testing sites on arrival in Miami such as Tropical Park but I'm concerned about the rules for non-residents and whether they'll affect us.

Wouldn't it be easier (and probably cheaper) to buy a lateral flow test before leaving the UK - one which offers a “fit to fly” certificate when you upload the result online - and take it with you to the US? Then do the test the day before your cruise and simply show the email with the result at check-in?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

Wouldn't it be easier (and probably cheaper) to buy a lateral flow test before leaving the UK - one which offers a “fit to fly” certificate when you upload the result online - and take it with you to the US? Then do the test the day before your cruise and simply show the email with the result at check-in?

That would certainly be easier as we have to do this anyway I think to be allowed into the US. Would RCI accept this?

1 hour ago, NeonXIII said:

We are flying in on Saturday from the Netherlands to get on Jewel of the Seas on Monday. We plan to do a rapid Antigen test with Nomi Health on arrival at Miami International Airport. They are open till 9 pm. I called them and they said we could walk in and wait for our turn. They are located at the SouthTerminal H, Departures level, Door 20.  Cost for the Antigen test is $79.

https://www.shopmiamiairport.com/directory/nomi-health-south-terminal-h/

Edited by celly

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 5:20 AM, Imma on a boat said:

I meant to direct  my question to rjh8115:

Did you get the PCR / NAAT version from CVS, do you get a digital result and is that form acceptable for RCL? 
Just making sure I have everything I need for our December cruise.

We got an antigen test from CVS.  They posted the results to their MyChart app.  I also printed the results (which I used at check-in at the port).

You have probably seen that Air Canada has arranged through Switch Health Canada that Canadian travelers can obtain a Rapid Antigen test kit which is done at home via internet connection and get results back within 45 minutes. Just saw a post by another Canadian that these tests are accepted by Royal Caribbean.

I talked to CVS earlier this year and was advised that their Rapid Anitgen test is only done through their drive-through and payment is only accepted via insurance, no cash/credit cards accepted which eliminates Canadians.

Enjoy your cruise