cruising out of Europe

trtog7

35 minutes ago, trtog7 said:

Has anybody either finished a cruise from Europe or now on one [with Covid restrictions]?

Wonder how they accepted our proof of vaccination

Every province and territory has issued a different proof of vaccination. Some, like Ontario, have issued proof in at least four different formats since vaccinations began. When you say "our proof of vaccination", are you referring to any particular province/territory?

That said, I have yet to read any post on a cruise from any country where a fully vaccinated passenger was refused boarding because of non-acceptance of their proof of vaccination.

I'd also point out that if your "proof" is so questionable that a cruise line would refuse boarding, you would probably get bounced by the airline when trying to fly out or by border officials when entering the foreign country. The chances of you getting to the port are pretty slim.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Some, like Ontario, have issued proof in at least four different formats since vaccinations began.

Not disputing your facts re '4 different formats', but what are they and when?  I've only received 2...one when Ontario Health issued their paper/net report of our 2 doses, and the other just this past week when the QR code was issued.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Not disputing your facts re '4 different formats', but what are they and when?  I've only received 2...one when Ontario Health issued their paper/net report of our 2 doses, and the other just this past week when the QR code was issued.

If you have the one that has the Ontario logo at top left and Canada with Canadian flag on the top right, you have the latest. It also says above the QR cote SMART Health Card QR Code / Code QR de la carte Santé SMART.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

LOL, I was wondering if someone would ask.

1. For our first shot, we received nothing printed at the clinic site, but before we got out the door, we received emails with an attached  8.5"x11" pdf proof of vaccination which we subsequently download and printed. That was in April

2. For our second shot, we were provided a cash register type receipt. It's slightly larger than a passport, and apparently printed thermally. Someone posted not long ago that they decided to have them plastic coated, but the heat used to seal them wiped out the printing on the document. We received ours in June, but I don't know when they started or if they have stopped.

3. Next, Ontario modified the original downloadable pdf (#1) to include the Ministry of Health watermark. I'm not sure of when, but certainly by June.

4. Finally, at least for now, the current version with the QR code, details for both/all shots and  "Country of issuance/Pays d'émmision"  followed by GOC Canada logo.

The current one is the most useful IMO, because it includes all pertinent information on a single sheet.

18 hours ago, Fouremco said:

LOL, I was wondering if someone would ask.

1. For our first shot, we received nothing printed at the clinic site, but before we got out the door, we received emails with an attached  8.5"x11" pdf proof of vaccination which we subsequently download and printed. That was in April

2. For our second shot, we were provided a cash register type receipt. It's slightly larger than a passport, and apparently printed thermally. Someone posted not long ago that they decided to have them plastic coated, but the heat used to seal them wiped out the printing on the document. We received ours in June, but I don't know when they started or if they have stopped.

3. Next, Ontario modified the original downloadable pdf (#1) to include the Ministry of Health watermark. I'm not sure of when, but certainly by June.

4. Finally, at least for now, the current version with the QR code, details for both/all shots and  "Country of issuance/Pays d'émmision"  followed by GOC Canada logo.

The current one is the most useful IMO, because it includes all pertinent information on a single sheet.

HAHA....yes...I was wondering re the 4 versions....we only received #s 3 and 4, so was a little confused how you got so far ahead of the game;  however, being from Ottawa, I should have known it would have all versions well before our little city....

• Haha 1