Northbound from Vancouver to Stewart May 26 2023

cruisin 07

As mentioned here frequently here, side of the ship doesn't matter. But as mentioned, an aft cabin is a real plus for viewing. Otherwise, figure you will be out and about a lot...the scenery is on both sides, and very big picture. You don't have to be in one magic spot.

When first reading the title to this post, I thought that it would describe a most unusual, but quite interesting, cruise, from Vancouver, B.C., to Stewart, B.C. I know that until a few years ago the Alaska Marine Highway made periodic calls to Hyder, Ala., which is immediately adjacent to Stewart, B.C. (indeed, the only road connection to Hyder is through Stewart, with Hyder receiving all of its utility and education services from British Columbia, and using Canadian dollars more often than American dollars!), but I was unaware of any passenger vessels ever calling at the Port of Stewart. I thought perhaps this one of those cases where the cruise vessel might be calling at Hyder, but for referring to it by the name of the adjacent and larger community of Stewart. Reading the post however, I see mention made of the vessel Celebrity Millennium, which ordinarily sails in the summer between Vancouver and Seward, Alaska. So now I am confused as to whether this cruise will be a special occasion of sailing up the Portland Canal fjord to Stewart (something I have not seen offered since the Alaska Marine Highway withdrew its service to and from Hyder), or if this is just an ordinary Inside Passage cruise to Seward (where the cruise line misspelled the name of the place to which the vessel will be destined!). Have you confirmed whether it is Stewart, B.C., or Seward, Ala.?