Edge - anybody cruising now?

Suzyq99

4 minutes ago, Suzyq99 said:

Hello, I will be cruising on the Edge in a few weeks.  How many passengers now and can you get off the ship without a tour?  How is the food, entertainment, etc.  Thank you. Susan

To determine the answer to your tour question, look here, and check back regularly for updates >> https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Food entertainment is nearly the same pre-pandemic.  Unless something changed, Eden performance are now live bands (sometimes a solo guitarist).  Capacity is generally 50-65% overall with suites sailing 100% full.

We were on last week only 900 on board. We enjoyed it all. We ate mostly in Luminae and it was good, service was excellent. We had no complaints. Eden and Raw on 5 was good also.  We were able to get off ship in Cozumel, Roatan. However sometimes this changes due to Covid on any particular island. There were No covid cases on board! Also second to last day the Oceanview had a lunch extravaganza. It was amazing all the food, deserts, etc

Edited by lovrccl
  • Thanks 2

Last week 900+ guests.  This week just over 1000.  Retreat is fully booked and lines to get into Luminae, particularly breakfast.  We tried 1 of the MDRs and walked up and were seated immediately.  This was at 8 pm and the dining room had less than 20% full.  We felt bad for staff whose tips are likely much less due to   so few guests.  

52 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Last week 900+ guests.  This week just over 1000.  Retreat is fully booked and lines to get into Luminae, particularly breakfast.  We tried 1 of the MDRs and walked up and were seated immediately.  This was at 8 pm and the dining room had less than 20% full.  We felt bad for staff whose tips are likely much less due to   so few guests.  

I am new to X from luxury lines, booked a suite,  and understand tips in Luminae are included.

If I dine in one of the MDRs, am I supposed to tip there each time I eat? 

Or does your comment mean  that with less overall pax, crew have less total people from whom to get an automatic  included service cut at the end of the cruise?

Apologies for my ignorance.  I booked a suite advertised as including tips, premium drinks, and internet, and yet my account invites me to buy internet and suite posts talk about tipping, so I am confused.

Also, if I have leftover OBC, can that be signed over to a crew fund or to an individual crew member or two?

3 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

I am new to X from luxury lines, booked a suite,  and understand tips in Luminae are included.

Or does your comment mean  that with less overall pax, crew have less total people from whom to get an automatic  included service cut at the end of the cruise?

Apologies for my ignorance.  I booked a suite advertised as including tips, premium drinks, and internet, and yet my account invites me to buy internet and suite posts talk about tipping, so I am confused.

Also, if I have leftover OBC, can that be signed over to a crew fund or to an individual crew member or two?

day to day, you tip additional over the prepaid, if and when you want, anywhere on board.  Left over OBC can be appropriated to the crew.

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We will be onboard on Saturday. Will probably do a “live” thread. I’m hoping it’s only 1000 people or so. 

mac_tlc

I'm also on the ship Sat. and just doing a rough count of today's available cabins on the edge amounts to over 540 available cabins in every category, including suites

Edited by kwokpot

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm also on the ship Sat. and just doing a rough count of today's available cabins on the edge amounts to over 540 available cabins in every category, including suites

Sounds like a bunch of folks may get a "move-up" to a suite! 

2 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

You can use OBC to give additional gratuities to your stateroom attendant and Butler.  In the past we have also used OBC to give extra tips to the staff of Luminae or Blu as those staffs pool tips.  This time I was told by Guest Services that any OBC used for dining services would go into the general dining tip pool and not to Luminae or Blu.  We gave the MaitreD of Luminae a envelop with cash to share with the Staff.  Sommlier’s are separate from the dining room staff and we tip them directly with cash.  
The tips we give vary depending upon what they have done. On this cruise our Retreat Host just finished decorating our Suite for DHs birthday, brought balloons, flowers, chocolate covered strawberries, a cake and a nice bottle of wine- all was a surprise.  He also took care of getting red wine out of a blouse.  Needless to say he will get a nice extra tip.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You can use OBC to give additional gratuities to your stateroom attendant and Butler.

I did that recently and there were more options than only the stateroom attendant and butler.  Honestly, I do not recall what the other options were, as I was concerned only with those two, but I want to say there were 5.

To be very precise, it doesn't have to be OBC.  You just put an amount in the appropriate box, and that's charged to your account.