Has anyone seen pics of the inside of the Carnival Radiance yet?

neongoddess

• 1 month later...

There are a few that John Heald has posted. He had a video with the Promenade deck lounges - Alchemy, Piano Bar 88, and Red Frog Pub. It looks just like those same spaces on Carnival Sunrise, which we sailed in 2019. I'd like to see whether any of the old Victory decor survived - like the seahorses on the stairs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

There are a few that John Heald has posted. He had a video with the Promenade deck lounges - Alchemy, Piano Bar 88, and Red Frog Pub. It looks just like those same spaces on Carnival Sunrise, which we sailed in 2019. I'd like to see whether any of the old Victory decor survived - like the seahorses on the stairs.

Do you have the link?

1 minute ago, nybumpkin said:

Thank you!  The seahorses ! We took pictures with them on the Victory 🙂

• Like 1

Saw the photos/videos Heald posted.  It looked blah, boring.  Pretty sure I am going to have an unpopular opinion- but I loved the tacky old Victory with the mermaids and sea horses.  I also am not a huge fan of Vista, although Horizon was okay.  Must be a color scheme thing for me with those two.  But I just wasn’t excited about the bits of the Radiance I glimpsed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pjhootch said:

Saw the photos/videos Heald posted.  It looked blah, boring.  Pretty sure I am going to have an unpopular opinion- but I loved the tacky old Victory with the mermaids and sea horses.  I also am not a huge fan of Vista, although Horizon was okay.  Must be a color scheme thing for me with those two.  But I just wasn’t excited about the bits of the Radiance I glimpsed.

Either the color or…..you really do not like Carnival.  When was the last time you got excited about seeing a cruise ship?  All that said, the Radiance will be VERY similar to the Sunrise (and in a lot of ways, all Carnival ships), the ship stretcher is out of service these days.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, azkimski said:

Thank you!  The seahorses ! We took pictures with them on the Victory 🙂

I was quite taken with them, myself and took these ages ago (ten years now?

-when Victory was doing the Southern Caribbean run to Barbados

and back to P. Rico.)

Seahorse-040.jpg

Seahorse-055.jpg

• Like 2

I searched for "Carnival Radiance" on FB and found a few pictures that some of the crew onboard has posted.  I really like the look of the atrium.  The dining room is okay.  I feel like it won't be for everyone - looks very modern and clean but probably not enough "color" and "whimsy" for CCL loyalists.  Oh well! Can't please everyone!  I'm excited to see the final pictures once they go up on the deckplans page.

• Like 1

Until a few weeks ago, our last few cruises had been on newer ships. We really like the toned down, resort style designs of the newer ships. We were back on a Joe Farcus designed ship, Carnival Freedom, a couple weeks ago and thought the design was really showing its age. Of course, design is subjective, but we certainly prefer the new look. Everything I've seen from John Heald's videos on the Radiance look like improvements to me. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, geaux_aces said:

Until a few weeks ago, our last few cruises had been on newer ships. We really like the toned down, resort style designs of the newer ships. We were back on a Joe Farcus designed ship, Carnival Freedom, a couple weeks ago and thought the design was really showing its age. Of course, design is subjective, but we certainly prefer the new look. Everything I've seen from John Heald's videos on the Radiance look like improvements to me. 

I've been on 20 Carnival ships and Freedom had my least-favorite decor. As with another poster I also loved the toned-down Sunrise so I'm hoping Radiance is similar. 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 11:26 PM, pjhootch said:

Here's what I posted two years ago about Sunrise (nee Triumph):

I’m not sure how I feel about Carnival’s “cookie cutter” approach to interior ship design. Every new ship or re-designed ship gets Liquid Lounge, Limelight Lounge, Red Frog, Alchemy, etc. While I always looked at some of Joe Farcus’ designs and wondered “What was Farcus thinking?” I always appreciated the unique designs and themes he used. I’m going to miss Victory’s “seven seas” theme. However, the new designs are fresh and we never lacked for comfortable lounges someplace.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 9:39 AM, Aplmac said:

I was quite taken with them, myself and took these ages ago (ten years now?

-when Victory was doing the Southern Caribbean run to Barbados

and back to P. Rico.)

Seahorse-040.jpg

Seahorse-055.jpg

I left part of my knee on one back when the Victory used to sail out of San Juan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

Here's what I posted two years ago about Sunrise (nee Triumph):

I’m not sure how I feel about Carnival’s “cookie cutter” approach to interior ship design. Every new ship or re-designed ship gets Liquid Lounge, Limelight Lounge, Red Frog, Alchemy, etc. While I always looked at some of Joe Farcus’ designs and wondered “What was Farcus thinking?” I always appreciated the unique designs and themes he used. I’m going to miss Victory’s “seven seas” theme. However, the new designs are fresh and we never lacked for comfortable lounges someplace.

Farcus left is legacy with the interiors of Carnival ships.  I said at the time when he left, people either loved what he did or hated it.  The facts are that he was challenged with many very similar size ships and classes in a relatively short period of time.  While there were def some that were head scratching, I marveled at how different the interiors looked from ship to ship, especially within a class.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrSea said:

Some cruise lines have some great looking ships. MSC, RCI, celebrity, etc.

It was kind of a rhetorical question…. The point was it is totally subjective, one persons like is another’s blah.  In general, cruise ships have gotten much smoother, sleeker in recent years,  Some with the reverse bow hull design look horrible (imho), but it is all good..  

15 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

It was kind of a rhetorical question…. The point was it is totally subjective, one persons like is another’s blah.  In general, cruise ships have gotten much smoother, sleeker in recent years,  Some with the reverse bow hull design look horrible (imho), but it is all good..  

It's hard to get that from reading posts online. Thanks for the clarification. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have to agree with the subjectivity aspect of what you may or may not like. Personally I have never been on a ship I didn't like, but have liked some better than others. I think for me, I enjoyed the variations within a class, where you could go on two different ships of the same class size and find two very different interior appearances, which I believe Farcus was known for. My favorite class is the Spirit Class, and the differences between say the Pride and Legend are appealing to me.