Beware the "Loyalty NRD"

DCPIV

8 hours ago, DCPIV said:

The problem is that there is nothing to indicate that the perks aren't included.  Just this:

If you don't know to look for some sort of confirmation, then you don't know that it's missing.  That's especially the case after you go through all this on the way to that screen:

The page before the trip summary page has a selection to pre-pay gratuities.  This is an alert that everything is not included. The trip summary page will confirm. 

Untitled.jpg

I wasted a bunch of people's time a couple of weeks ago over this issue. I learned long ago to frequently check pricing on future cruises I have booked. One day I went in to check the price on our upcoming Equinox sailing in January and was coming up with a way lower price than what we had booked at, so I emailed my CVP about the price drop. I then ended up not hearing from my CVP for a while, so I did an online chat. The online chat resulted in my discovery that the new price I was seeing did not include perks (even though it didn't say that anywhere), while my booking did. Were I to book with the perks, the price would be the same as what I already booked for. Then later, my CVP ended up emailing the same information. The weirdest thing is that when I try to book that sailing without my Captain's Club number, the Always Included and Simply Sail options are clearly labeled. But when I put in my Captain's Club number, the Always Included option isn't there and the Simply Sail option isn't labeled.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Thanks 1

1. Don't put your state or CC# in the booking

2. Verify your confirmation page does not show LOYALTY or SIMPLY SAIL under the discount box 

3. Let a TA do this for you (assuming you have one that knows what they are booking)

If you have chosen (even inadvertently) one of those rates, your confirmation page will not say anything about drinks, WiFi or tips. 

Loyalty rates are supposed to end on 11/1 so hopefully that will eliminate some confusion. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.14.29 AM.png

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

1. Don't put your state or CC# in the booking

2. Verify your confirmation page does not show LOYALTY or SIMPLY SAIL under the discount box 

3. Let a TA do this for you (assuming you have one that knows what they are booking)

If you have chosen (even inadvertently) one of those rates, your confirmation page will not say anything about drinks, WiFi or tips. 

Loyalty rates are supposed to end on 11/1 so hopefully that will eliminate some confusion. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.14.29 AM.png

I think everyone on this thread understands how to avoid the issue on bookings moving forward. The point is, I shouldn't need a list of steps to follow to know whether my booking includes perks or not. I shouldn't have to look for things that are MISSING from my booking or leave out my Captain's Club number. When I add my Captain's Club number, I should be presented with an explanation of the promotion and a chance to opt out. If I am getting the Simply Sail rate, it should explicitly state that somewhere very obvious like it does when you don't enter your Captain's Club number on a sailing that has a Simply Sail rate available. On those bookings it's very clear that you are choosing a rate that doesn't include perks.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I think everyone on this thread understands how to avoid the issue on bookings moving forward. The point is, I shouldn't need a list of steps to follow to know whether my booking includes perks or not. I shouldn't have to look for things that are MISSING from my booking or leave out my Captain's Club number. When I add my Captain's Club number, I should be presented with an explanation of the promotion and a chance to opt out. If I am getting the Simply Sail rate, it should explicitly state that somewhere very obvious like it does when you don't enter your Captain's Club number on a sailing that has a Simply Sail rate available. On those bookings it's very clear that you are choosing a rate that doesn't include perks.

Right. We've had 3 pages of that discussion. The horse is beat. Point being, for now, to save your self confusion and headache, do two simple things and problem solved. 

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree and exactly why I would never book directly on their website. I only base this on their website being consistently inconsistent. But I also would never book a cruise on a TAs website either. I want to talk with a person and go over the booking with them. That's what is nice about booking while onboard. Besides some of the perks/benefits are nice.  

Same here, we always book with our TA who knows what she's doing. 

• Like 1

The attached is what happened when I booked after checking prices with my Loyalty number. I decided the prices were worth the extra to go all inclusive so went ahead and booked. I have learned to screen shot everything if booking online!

Attachment 1 is the booking showing the AI, Attachment 2 is the confirmation that I received on the Celebrity site for my deposit. I noticed that, while the perks were all there and the price was correct, the Balance Due was less than it should have been. Attachment 3 is what was emailed to me after the booking.

Huge issue here in that what I booked and deposited was not what was actually booked!

I called and after awhile on hold it was resolved. The Celebrity Rep confirmed that the booking was with the loyalty rate and not AI. He got it changed over to the correct (higher) AI rate and had to manually add in the perks (which I did receive email confirmation for).

They really do need to get this fixed!

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 3.05.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 3.10.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 10.32.54 AM.png

14 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

The page before the trip summary page has a selection to pre-pay gratuities.  This is an alert that everything is not included. The trip summary page will confirm. 

Untitled.jpg

It isn't an alert.  You see that selection on that page no matter what you do, and the "maybe later" box is automatically checked in any case.  That checked box is something I look for to let me know gratuities are included.  Enter your CC number and get the "Loyalty NRD," and it's there with the box checked.  Don't enter your CC number, and it's there with the box checked.  There's no difference.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

It isn't an alert.  You see that selection on that page no matter what you do, and the "maybe later" box is automatically checked in any case.  That checked box is something I look for to let me know gratuities are included.  Enter your CC number and get the "Loyalty NRD," and it's there with the box checked.  Don't enter your CC number, and it's there with the box checked.  There's no difference.

You know what?  What I just said isn't true.  At least, it no longer is.  I would swear that it has been there when I was booking suites in the past (without entering a CC number).  If that was the case, I'm glad they got that much fixed, but they still have some fixing to do.

13 hours ago, DCPIV said:

You know what?  What I just said isn't true.  At least, it no longer is.  I would swear that it has been there when I was booking suites in the past (without entering a CC number).  If that was the case, I'm glad they got that much fixed, but they still have some fixing to do.

I believe the gratuities box was visible when booking a suite in the past but I have not seen it in the last few months. 

• Thanks 1