8 of us to cruise, but one may back out "if??" they have to do the vaccination to board the ship

beshears

The FULL payment has be made on 8 of us. I called them about my d-i-l who hasn't had the shot as yet, and is still debating because of other problems she has had in the past with other shots/vaccinations. When I spoke to RCL representative, they told me I would be "refunded" back, if she did not go. My question, if she does not go (I have read some people say to let RCL know ahead of time, and others say let RCL find out, once she is a no show), they tell me I will be refunded back my money. My question, if the room cost around $1800 for both she and my son, will I be refunded back the $900, or will it be much less, since he would be using the full room?

The whole cabin would be refunded. So your son wouldn't have a cabin anymore and wouldn't be sailing. You can't cancel one person in the cabin over protocol - only entire cabins.

If son wants to sail then you'll have to eat the cost of the dil.

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

The whole cabin would be refunded. So your son wouldn't have a cabin anymore and wouldn't be sailing. You can't cancel one person in the cabin over protocol - only entire cabins.

If son wants to sail then you'll have to eat the cost of the dil.

Didn't realize that was the rule.  Thanks. 

M

26 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Didn't realize that was the rule.  Thanks. 

M

Yea - you cancel the reservation in the wording of cwc and the reservation is for the whole cabin (everyone in the cabin has the same reservation number).

Makes sense if you think about it. If they let you cancel for one person in the cabin and give them their money back they're going to have to go get the money from the person remaining to cover the fare. Royal Caribbean doesn't want to to get into that mess - "sorry your roommate canceled on you, we gave them a refund so you now owe us $800 or you won't be able to sail" - and they don't want to let people sail with no single supplement otherwise you'd have a lot of people do that for a cheaper cruise. I certainly would do that. 

Edited by smplybcause

Thank you all for your replies to my question.  So "if??" this should happen, I will only get back the  fees/taxes, etc, and it is good to know that I won't be expecting back half of the cost of the room.

10 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you all for your replies to my question.  So "if??" this should happen, I will only get back the  fees/taxes, etc, and it is good to know that I won't be expecting back half of the cost of the room.

I had the same question and called Royal.  If the person is a no show then you only get back taxes and fees.  If the person cancels (not with CWC) then the standard cancellation penalty schedule applies to the person in regards to a refund.  If it's a double cabin and one person cancels,  the cabin could be repriced as a single at the prevailing rate.  

As another poster mentioned, CWC cancellation is for the entire reservation and not one person.

This is the information I received.  I decided to go the no show route if necessary.  I have a good rate and the prevailing rate would probably be more than the amount loss.