Extension to FCC expiry date

Rupert2251

Hope some of you may find this useful

Any FCC issued on or before the 30 June 2021, in relation to a cancelled sailing during our pause in operations, that had an expiry date of 31 December 2021, has been extended and can now be redeemed before 30 September 2022.

FCCs for holidays that didn’t include a flight are protected by ABTA to the value of 100% of the monies paid. If a booking included flights, and these were booked with us, and we issued an ATOL certificate, the FCC is protected by ATOL to the value of 100% of the monies paid on the holiday.

The FCC can be redeemed at any time before 30 September 2022We are working on updating our systems to reflect these new expiry dates so in the meantime you may continue to see an expiry date of 31 December 2021, we apologise for any confusion this may cause.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I don't believe FCCs that haven't been used to book a new cruise are Abta protected until you do book the new cruise?

To me the top post makes it clear that FCC's are covered, the FCC stops being an FCC once a cruise is booked. However I am sure that ATOL and ABTA may claim not. This could be a similar stand off to the one between P&O and insurers regarding who's responsibility it is to cover non infected partners. It reminds me of early covid when people were trying to get their money back (us included) and it was a case of claim from who you want as long as it isn't us.

5 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I don't believe FCCs that haven't been used to book a new cruise are Abta protected until you do book the new cruise?

It's any new ones issued that aren't ABTA protected, ie any booked after restart in September when the protocols changed.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:32 PM, Rupert2251 said:

Hope some of you may find this useful

Any FCC issued on or before the 30 June 2021, in relation to a cancelled sailing during our pause in operations, that had an expiry date of 31 December 2021, has been extended and can now be redeemed before 30 September 2022.

FCCs for holidays that didn’t include a flight are protected by ABTA to the value of 100% of the monies paid. If a booking included flights, and these were booked with us, and we issued an ATOL certificate, the FCC is protected by ATOL to the value of 100% of the monies paid on the holiday.

The FCC can be redeemed at any time before 30 September 2022We are working on updating our systems to reflect these new expiry dates so in the meantime you may continue to see an expiry date of 31 December 2021, we apologise for any confusion this may cause.  

Good news for anyone who hasn't yet found the right cruise for which to use their FCC on.

On the other hand, the cynic in me wonders whether it's more about hanging onto to unused FCCs for a bit longer.  Unused FCC's were due to be refunded after the end of this year.  Another nine months in Carnival's coffers. 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Good news for anyone who hasn't yet found the right cruise for which to use their FCC on.

On the other hand, the cynic in me wonders whether it's more about hanging onto to unused FCCs for a bit longer.  Unused FCC's were due to be refunded after the end of this year.  Another nine months in Carnival's coffers. 🤔

Yes, very true.

On 10/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, Rupert2251 said:

Yes, very true.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Could I ask, where did the information you quoted in your original post, come from?

We have FCCs from 2020 and were delighted to read about the extension, but when we phoned P&O today they said this wasn't the case and the only longer timescale was for more recently cancelled cruises. The person we spoke to even went away to double check!

I don't want to just take take the person's word for it and so it would help to know your source! 

Many thanks. 😊

2 hours ago, Northeastcruiser007 said:

Thank you for starting this thread.

Could I ask, where did the information you quoted in your original post, come from?

We have FCCs from 2020 and were delighted to read about the extension, but when we phoned P&O today they said this wasn't the case and the only longer timescale was for more recently cancelled cruises. The person we spoke to even went away to double check!

I don't want to just take take the person's word for it and so it would help to know your source! 

Many thanks. 😊

If you booked through a TA then go and see them because they should have had the same email. If you booked direct with P&O then they need to speak to the people who send the emails out to agents, this info came from a friend who is in the business.

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

If you booked through a TA then go and see them because they should have had the same email. If you booked direct with P&O then they need to speak to the people who send the emails out to agents, this info came from a friend who is in the business.

The cold TA has confirmed that they have this notification from P & O, but could not confirm that the date for a refund of FCC had also been extended. Also one assumes that it will still be able to be used on any cruise on sail at 30 Sep 22.

9 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

The cold TA has confirmed that they have this notification from P & O, but could not confirm that the date for a refund of FCC had also been extended. Also one assumes that it will still be able to be used on any cruise on sail at 30 Sep 22.

Nothing was mentioned about the refunding of FCC's only that they had extended the "use by" date.