CVS Canceled Test night before I was scheduled. Thank Goodness I had backup

cindivan

6 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

If Celebrity requires a 

test they should be providing testing at the port at their expense.

This is the RC page but Celebrity does require a test as well as RC.  The test is at your expense,  It is reimbursable through a FSA account.  

On 10/29/2021 at 10:15 AM, cindivan said:

Both my husband and I (Charlotte, NC) received a canceled appointment notification last night 9pm - we were scheduled for today.  Thankfully we had the Binax Now Ag card which I just completed and am negative so Allure here we come!

If anyone is in the (north) Charlotte area and had the same thing happen (10/29) PM me if you need an Binax Now Ag card test.  I have a couple extras you could buy for what I paid for them - about $28.  

So glad we had the backup of the Binax!  Not sure what we would have done otherwise.

For those of you who are relying on local places to test, you might want to consider a backup.  I have read several others have the same experience.

I always book 2 places just to have the backup.  This is why

The proctored Abbott test RC accepts is labelled "Rx" on the box, and is not available for purchase in stores. It should be priced online about 30 to 35 dollars per test.

If you buy the Abbott tests at Sam's or Walmart that are in a 2-pack and cost 14 or so per box, those are labelled "OTC" and are not monitored and therefore not acceptable to board.

Note: the question about whether anyone has tested positive within 14 days applies to ANY positive test, monitored or not. We had to cancel our (current) Equinox cruise because a close contact tested positive 48 hrs before our departure using an unmonitored test we gave her. Glad we did--she got very sick  got a confirmatory test at CVS, and eventually needed an antibody infusion before she started to recover. 

Suggesting testing be abandoned or the rules be changed about contacts is such a dangerous idea. We could easily have brought the virus aboard without anyone knowing until it spread to people more vulnerable than us.

Edited by mayleeman

On 11/1/2021 at 7:25 PM, mayleeman said:

The proctored Abbott test RC accepts is labelled "Rx" on the box, and is not available for purchase in stores. It should be priced online about 30 to 35 dollars per test.

If you buy the Abbott tests at Sam's or Walmart that are in a 2-pack and cost 14 or so per box, those are labelled "OTC" and are not monitored and therefore not acceptable to board.

Note: the question about whether anyone has tested positive within 14 days applies to ANY positive test, monitored or not. We had to cancel our (current) Equinox cruise because a close contact tested positive 48 hrs before our departure using an unmonitored test we gave her. Glad we did--she got very sick  got a confirmatory test at CVS, and eventually needed an antibody infusion before she started to recover. 

Suggesting testing be abandoned or the rules be changed about contacts is such a dangerous idea. We could easily have brought the virus aboard without anyone knowing until it spread to people more vulnerable than us.

So is Covid 19 going to go away anytime soon??....You can also bring the flu on board and lots of people die from the Flu every year....When is the Paranoia going to end? Are the lines who request and put everybody thru a hassle just to board, going to give a statement stating that because of the PRC involvement in this Disease we won't be sailing out of their ports?? Of course not because in the end is all about the $$$$...