CDC Cruise Ship Color Status

ael123

I am sailing on Pride November 28, 2021. I see that on the CDC cruise ship color status the Pride is yellow. Green means no reports of Covid -19. Orange means Covid -19 or CLI has been reported in the past 7 days and the ship is below investigation threshold i.e., less than .1% of passengers and no crew cases reported.  Yellow which is Pride's status indicates cases reported in .1% or more of passengers or 1 or more crew members.

Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Pride Restricted Yellow

CDC has started an investigation.

My question is for those of you who have cruised or know more about this does this rating suggest that Covid is active on board? I have my vaccinations, but find this concerning because no vaccine is 100% effective. Has anyone who has sailed on Pride or the other non green ships been quarantined and if so what does this entail? Are you kept in your cabin? Carnival Liberty, Legend, Horizon, Glory, Elation, Ecstasy, Conquest, Miracle, Panorama, Radiance, Sensation, Sunrise, Vista and Valor are all green. But not Mardi Gras, Breeze, Freedom, Magic or Pride. See https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

If you get Covid and are detected, they will put you in a room they have sectioned off on the ship.....that's all I've seen....

We've sailed twice and are going tomorrow for another 8 day cruise....we've watched the CDC ship status since the beginning....most ships are in the green which has been that way for a awhile - good for Carnival for doing what they are doing....you're always going to have a one off.

We sailed the Horizon July 24 and the Disney Fantasy early Sept....the Disney ship has been in the yellow since....they'll get it right....

But I'm sure you'll be fine....just use common sense, wash and mask up inside....no need to outside imo

• Like 1

This suggest there "were" cases on board and does not automatically suggest there are "Current" cases on board. CDC updates the list almost daily but Color and status changes can be same for many days.  The color today will have changed multiple times before Nov 28. As DGNewton says follow protocols and you should be fine.

• Like 1

Even if a ship was completely green with no cases reported since the restart, someone could board at any point and technically bring the virus on board (even if they are vaccinated). You are taking a risk in any case.

The good news is many have been green for quite soon time......in the beginning, orange and yellow were the norm....so for the better....as far as risk, everyone is tested, 95% vacciantied, better than going to Wal-Mart or a sporting event!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Pride a couple of weeks back. My cabin was on deck 1 just a few doors down from the 'quarantine' cabins. Nothing was happening at the start of the cruise but by the end there were 5 or so cabins with small tables outside the doors for room service deliveries and dishes and crew members in HAZMAT-type suits coming and going. Seems like there were definitely a few positive cases, although the info wasn't being broadcast.

• Thanks 2

Do the quarantine cabins have windows. I have a balcony because I need sunshine. I am also claustrophobic and would go crazy if I was kept in an inside cabin day and night. I appreciate the responses. From my understanding it depends on viral load and how much of the virus one is exposed to versus your bodies ability to fight the virus. When I go to Walmart I run in and out. I am not in the store for days at a time. On the cruise I am hoping the air filtration system is cleaning the air. 

10 hours ago, ael123 said:

Do the quarantine cabins have windows. I have a balcony because I need sunshine. I am also claustrophobic and would go crazy if I was kept in an inside cabin day and night. I appreciate the responses. From my understanding it depends on viral load and how much of the virus one is exposed to versus your bodies ability to fight the virus. When I go to Walmart I run in and out. I am not in the store for days at a time. On the cruise I am hoping the air filtration system is cleaning the air. 

Reports I have read on cc seem to indicate that cruise lines are saving sections of balconies for use if any quarantine becomes necessary.

• Like 1

Sailed Vista Sept 11 when it was Orange.  Heard of no cases on board for that week but they had cove balconies set aside for quarantine.  Outside of reduced capacity and some mask wearing, it was very very normal and a great cruise!

• Like 1