ms Rotterdam makes her debut in Port Everglades November 3, 2021

Scrapnana

6 hours ago, kazu said:

On sansterre’s live thread they reported that the Captain said there were no cases on board when he was asked at the “Ask the Captain” event.  Everyone had just been tested prior to arrival.

Yes, Kazu is correct.  We got off the Rotterdam at 10:00 today.. We were tested before allowed on the ship in Amsterdam, and twice during the cruise.  On Monday the Captain said everyone (staff and passengers) had tested positive.  Tuesday all passengers had a second Covid test.  

All staff will get a Covid test this afternoon.

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

My Eurodam sailing (1st from Port Everglades) was cut from 10 days on 11/14 to 8 on 11/16.  We were told that they were required to perform a "deep cleaning" before allowing sailing from the US. 

Seems silly to me considering everyone sailing is vaccinated and tested multiple times.  And since it now seems that the virus isn't transmitted via surfaces nearly as easily as had first been thought, I'm just not sure why a 2-day deep cleaning is required.

But at least we get to sail.

Since it is the first time in the US i am sure the Coast Guard must do their inspection also. Who knows. I am sure they have their reasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sansterre said:

Yes, Kazu is correct.  We got off the Rotterdam at 10:00 today.. We were tested before allowed on the ship in Amsterdam, and twice during the cruise.  On Monday the Captain said everyone (staff and passengers) had tested positive.  Tuesday all passengers had a second Covid test.  

All staff will get a Covid test this afternoon.

I'm hoping this word in red is a typo.....

Edited by seaoma
  • Haha 1

Interesting picture on Fort Lauderdale webcam. Comparing the Celebrity and HAL ship with the Viking Star  explains why we are going to try Viking for a change from HAL. After over 900 days ON HAL we feel that they are leaving us especially with their sale of the Amsterdam and Rotterdam. Only cruises we have left with HAL are on their two remaining R class ships. We have tried the Koningsdam and while the interior was certainly pretty and we loved Tamarind and the Dutch Cafe, the overall size of the ship and the ambience certainly leans more Carnival in my opinion rather than a grown up product. We will also miss our interaction with the wonderful crew members with whom we have become friendly. Not criticizing any one else's decisions just seems like we are less and less likely to find what we are looking for with HAL.

• Like 1