Carnival Legend 11/28 Sailing live...

IntrepidFromDC

We got the email to complete another health questionnaire yesterday, and did our self-swabbing at CVS today.  NEGATIVE results in 30 minutes.  Others in other regions have complained about CVS canceling tests but we're 3 for 3 since cruising resumed and very pleased with CVS.  A lot of us with future cruises keep getting an annoying email from Colleen Oliviero at Carnival saying we need to log on and complete a health questionnaire at "My Cruise Manager" but when we logon all the to-do's are checked and crossed out (Carnival's weird way of saying "successfully completed").  We got that email a couple weeks ago and checked every day (annoying!) to see if the health questionnaire popped up.  Yesterday we got a different email from Carnival "required health assessment" and this time the to-do was there.  48 hours to sailaway.

• Like 1

Last night around 11pm our house and the house next door had a power surge thanks to Pepco.  My subwoofer popped, three circuits tripped and the transformer in our furnace was fried.  Also batteries in thermostat leaked.  Crazy night.  $385 to get heat back running, which is critical because we're leaving the dogs and ferrets in the house and ferrets die easily if it gets cold.  Stressed out until 9am when the guy showed up, fortunately he had the part in the van.  When he showed me the old transformer it was black where it used to be silver.  I NEED A CRUISE!!!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

(Note to self: if you encounter any wildlife (e.g., Baltimore rats) on the way to the cruise terminal, do not post pictures of them. Don't even mention them. Somebody will twist it, post something ridiculous and steal your thread thunder)

Ok, Cocoa.  I know you were hoping for T-bone but the rat settled on Cocoa...

Balti_Rat.jpg

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I'll be posting pics and answering questions, probably every day for the first few days and then every other day as I drift and get lost in that nirvana we all know as cruising.

We'll be following along. We were last on the Legend in 2006, so we are excited to be doing a B2B on her next August. Have a great cruise! 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to this review as I haven't yet been on Legend, but, will be for 2 weeks next year on the partial Panama Canal transit. I know I'll like the layout as I really like the Pride but, interested in seeing some of the differences as I did find her dark.

Edited by aztekpm

4 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Last night around 11pm our house and the house next door had a power surge thanks to Pepco.  My subwoofer popped, three circuits tripped and the transformer in our furnace was fried.  Also batteries in thermostat leaked.  Crazy night.  $385 to get heat back running, which is critical because we're leaving the dogs and ferrets in the house and ferrets die easily if it gets cold.  Stressed out until 9am when the guy showed up, fortunately he had the part in the van.  When he showed me the old transformer it was black where it used to be silver.  I NEED A CRUISE!!!  

Oh, gosh. Aaargh! Pre-cruise nightmare. I would have lost it. A-n-y-w-a-y   -  you can start posting pictures any time now. I'm ready. I'm waiting. You must have boarded by now. Or not. Is this one of the many instances when Baltimore isn't quite ready because of currents in the Chesapeake or something?

2 hours ago, aztekpm said:

Looking forward to this review as I haven't yet been on Legend, but, will be for 2 weeks next year on the partial Panama Canal transit. I know I'll like the layout as I really like the Pride but, interested in seeing some of the differences as I did find her dark.

We are also on a partial Panama Canal transit next year on Legend.  We haven't been on a ship in the class so very excited to see a live review with pics.

Thanks for taking us along for your trip!!

I didn't take any pictures of embarkation but it was over an hour wait to even get out of the cold. We were reprimanded because we were 15 minutes later than our arrival time,  and banished to the line from hell. I took many pictures of our 9/12 Pride cruise embarkation at the same port. 

We checked out the room, balcony was really dirty.  Then muster, then chicken tacos with watermelon,  jicama, black beans and pico, topped with their awesome fresh habanero sauce from the salsa bar.  Watching FOOTBALL in sports bar with a Grey Goose and St. Germain martini in a rock glass now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I didn't take any pictures of embarkation but it was over an hour wait to even get out of the cold. We were reprimanded because we were 15 minutes later than our arrival time,  and banished to the line from hell. I took many pictures of our 9/12 Pride cruise embarkation at the same port. 

Our embark experience in Baltimore for Pride 10/31 wasn’t the best.  We had 12:00-12:30 and we could have had 11:30-12:00 but wanted to make sure our friends could pick the same spot as us.  Didn’t want to arrive too early because heard you could get turned away so got there at 11:55 and walked in to a packed process.  Our agent looking at our test results had to call a supervisor who said not sure why you called me over they are fine.  Going through the scanner and people in front of us had their wine in their carry on suitcases(don’t want people to ever follow rules😡) so had to unpack them and we were stuck there.  Finally got in and everyone was standing in not one but two different lines to board.  No one there directed people and the best part of this, the lady next to me had 2:30 check in.  Yep she said she got there early from the airport and they started boarding at 11:00.  So Baltimore may have a hit and miss on their processes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteOptima said:

Our embark experience in Baltimore for Pride 10/31 wasn’t the best.  We had 12:00-12:30 and we could have had 11:30-12:00 but wanted to make sure our friends could pick the same spot as us.  Didn’t want to arrive too early because heard you could get turned away so got there at 11:55 and walked in to a packed process.  Our agent looking at our test results had to call a supervisor who said not sure why you called me over they are fine.  Going through the scanner and people in front of us had their wine in their carry on suitcases(don’t want people to ever follow rules😡) so had to unpack them and we were stuck there.  Finally got in and everyone was standing in not one but two different lines to board.  No one there directed people and the best part of this, the lady next to me had 2:30 check in.  Yep she said she got there early from the airport and they started boarding at 11:00.  So Baltimore may have a hit and miss on their processes.

Wine is supposed to be in carry ons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyeshutopen said:

Please post pictures of the the MDR menus and show the food you eat (good or bad); will be on this ship in December so excited and thanks for sharing your experience! 

Had brisket and caesar salad,  both were good. I'll find menus on Hub.