Another California Adventure! – Baja Mexico & Mexican Riviera aboard the Miracle & Panorama (with pics) – October 2021.

Jamman54

Thanks for the great review and Patti's wonderful pictures. We just booked the Panorama (1/29) and Miracle (2/5). We're staying at the LB Hilton pre-cruise and are glad to hear of the shuttle to the shopping/dining areas. We'll also be prepared for the possible S2S issues.

Marti and Ed

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 3some said:

Thanks for the great review and Patti's wonderful pictures. We just booked the Panorama (1/29) and Miracle (2/5). We're staying at the LB Hilton pre-cruise and are glad to hear of the shuttle to the shopping/dining areas. We'll also be prepared for the possible S2S issues.

Marti and Ed

Have a great time on the Panorama and Miracle! 😎

4 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Such fun to tag along on your CA adventure; thank you! I’m originally from CA and still saw lots of new sights. I wish you 2 a healthy and fun sailing year! 

Glad that you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading! 😎

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I often wonder if others know when a Diamond member request or offers to buy drinks it's always at the Diamond party.😉

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2022 at 8:41 AM, Jamman54 said:

Just wanted to get your attention, I will be on Mardi Gras on 4/30 and I am so looking forward to the cruise and meeting you and Patti. I owe you a thirsty frog red sometime durring the cruise, it is the least I can do for all of the great content you have provided me over the years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

Just wanted to get your attention, I will be on Mardi Gras on 4/30 and I am so looking forward to the cruise and meeting you and Patti. I owe you a thirsty frog red sometime durring the cruise, it is the least I can do for all of the great content you have provided me over the years.

Looking forward to it as long as I can buy one back! See where this is heading! 😁🍺

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

Can you tell me how the dining room food quality is on Miracle? Or perhaps send me to the correct page. It's a lot of info to scroll through.

We never ate in the Dining Room at all except for the Sea Day brunch, which was fine. 😎

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 5:38 AM, Jamman54 said:

Looking forward to it as long as I can buy one back! See where this is heading! 😁🍺

Don't know what you and Patty have planned for Roatan, I know you guys like beach clubs, and  I have found a beach club on Roatan that offers transportation to and from, and also offers food and drink options if you are intrested.  My wife and I have booked.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

Don't know what you and Patty have planned for Roatan, I know you guys like beach clubs, and  I have found a beach club on Roatan that offers transportation to and from, and also offers food and drink options if you are intrested.  My wife and I have booked.

Thanks so much for the offer but we have a beach cabana booked. Just curious, what beach club did you book? 😎

Roatan Paradise Beach Club Day Pass S2758   We had credit though shoreexcurioner and we had a lot of credit becuse of cancelations durring the pandimic 😞  Thanks to canelations and price drops we had enough to buy bubbles, some water. auto gratuitys and a ship tour in cozmel that goes over to the main land, neverf been there yet.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

Roatan Paradise Beach Club Day Pass S2758   We had credit though shoreexcurioner and we had a lot of credit becuse of cancelations durring the pandimic 😞  Thanks to canelations and price drops we had enough to buy bubbles, some water. auto gratuitys and a ship tour in cozmel that goes over to the main land, neverf been there yet.

Looks interesting. Let us know what you think. We may consider for a future visit. 😎

• 11 months later...
On 11/19/2021 at 7:31 PM, Jamman54 said:

“The Hunt for Saint Greg”

Earlier today after we had toured the Cloud 9 Spa, Patti had continued on her picture tour, and I went over to the Red Frog Rum Bar for a few Thirsty Frog Wheat beers. I pulled out my phone to check on emails and stuff, and then jumped onto Cruise Critic to check out Saint Greg’s thread. I posted something to the effect that “I’m sure we’ll bump into you later” and then it hit me, let’s try and track him down!

The last bar he posted from was the Lobby Bar in the Atrium, so let me head down there. Having no idea what he looked like, all I had to go on was to look for a guy that appeared to be travelling solo, and he had a monkey. I get down there, and it doesn’t appear that anyone at the bar now fits the description. I ordered a drink and whipped out my phone.

It appears that he’s now posting from the Alchemy Bar! I gulp down my drink and sprinted, (really I walked slowly), up the two flights of stairs up to Deck 5, and then back to the Alchemy Bar. Once there, I checked out all the male “suspects” and again, nobody fits the bill. He had escaped again! I ordered a drink and whipped out my phone.

It wasn’t long before he was posting a string of posts from the nearby Pig & Anchor. I’ve got a bead on him. I can’t gulp down my drink, because you just don’t gulp down drinks at the Alchemy Bar, but once I was done, I made my move.

There, sitting in the back of the Pig & Anchor all by himself, was the man, Saint Greg! We shook hands and then sat down and talked like old friends for quite a while. Being that we do photo reviews, I asked him if he showed up in any of our photos, would we be allowed to use them. He told me that he preferred that we didn’t.

Like I said earlier in this review, we will never use pictures of someone, or identify anyone, without their permission, so Saint Greg’s response was fine by me. He then proceeded to give me his reasons why he didn’t want to be shown, which he really didn’t have to do. So, not only have I been accepted into the Saint Greg Society by actually knowing what he looks like, I also have been shown the secret handshake!

Let me just say to all of you that have never met him. What you picture of him in your mind is probably pretty close. The knowledge, wit, and humor that comes across on these pages, comes across in real life. I’m glad to have finally met him, and I will not betray his trust.

We do have pictures of him, both posed and otherwise, which we have moved to our private albums, so don’t bother looking on our host site. When Patti did her tour of the Deck 5 venues, there was one venue we had to leave out, the Alchemy Bar. That’s because she had no idea that she had caught him posting on his phone from there!  :classic_unsure:

And that’s all I’m going to say about that! :classic_biggrin:

Moving on, it was getting close to sail away time. An announcement was made that 200 people had still not done their emuster! Come on people, it only takes 5 minutes!

Jim and Pat had invited us up to their cabin for sail away, so we made our way to the Havana Bar to pick up some drinks…..

IMG_7160-X2.jpg

IMG_7167-X2.jpg

IMG_7163-X2.jpg

IMG_7166-X2.jpg

While I was being served, Patti stepped outside and took some shots of the Havana Pool area…..

IMG_7168-X2.jpg

IMG_7169-X2.jpg

IMG_7170-X2.jpg

IMG_7171-X2.jpg

IMG_7173-X2.jpg

IMG_7175-X2.jpg

The Havana Towel Hut…..

IMG_7174-X2.jpg

The outside Havana Bar…..

IMG_7172-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

THAT was fun to read!  Saint Greg, International Man of Mystery (and Monkey)

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

THAT was fun to read!  Saint Greg, International Man of Mystery (and Monkey)

Patti and I are part of the secret society that have actually met him. He does exist! 😀

• Haha 3