COVID Testing Prior to Holiday Cruises When Testing Sites May Be Closed

kdrdallas

Can someone who has done the home proctored test? Can I register online for the test or is it only scanned with  the QR code on my phone? I would like to do it on my computer if possible as it is a bigger screen than my phone or IPad!!! Thanks in advance!

28 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

Can someone who has done the home proctored test? Can I register online for the test or is it only scanned with  the QR code on my phone? I would like to do it on my computer if possible as it is a bigger screen than my phone or IPad!!! Thanks in advance!

You can do it on your computer as long as you have a web cam for it. They'll scan the QR code. 

I'm on a December 26th sailing and am hoping I'll be able to test at one of the local quick testing sites on 12/24, but want to have home test kits as a backup. However, I'm afraid to order since they all have the warnings that they may expire too early. I wish there was better availability!

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

There are some labs in town that guarantee same day results. We went to one back in July. It was $90 a pop, so I'm happy to stick with the home test for the moment. 

Can’t say I blame you.  I ordered the Binax NOW just in case our plan for Walgreens or CVS falls through

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 8:35 PM, mjwaruba said:

I did actually find an urgent care near here that will be open on New Year's day and will do the rapid testing!  I called a few of the locals CVS's - none open or doing testing on NYD.  I'll also probably order the at-home kits -- I'm just wondering if any of their tele-med "guides" will be on duty on NYD???  I sent a contact form to that company but haven't heard back. 

On 11/4/2021 at 2:04 PM, kdrdallas said:

With COVID testing required within two days of embarkation, does anyone have concerns about finding a testing location open on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?  Seems like they could give us an extra day to get the testing done during holiday time periods.  If your cruise departs on Dec. 26 or 27, what are your plans to meet the requirement?

Purchase the Emed monitored home kits.  We did this for our cruise on Edge last week and they were so easy.  You have your results is 15 minutes.

On 11/5/2021 at 6:36 AM, lola2013 said:

Not sure where you are sailing from.....

We were scheduled for a January 3 cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale; I was able to find that CVS on Sunrise Boulevard (almost next door to the Galleria Mall) is open for the fast test on Sunday, January 2.  There are other options; but since CVS was easy to use before my September cruise, I was confident using them again.  We have since switched to January 19 so I am able to test at home before flying.

Hope that helps!

How do you know this?  I’ve been doing ‘test’ bookings (stopping before actually booking) and every CVS within 25 miles is not available for any upcoming two week dates for rapid antigen tests.  How could you know yet if they will be available then?  Trust me, I want to believe this is true, as I am flying in on Thanksgiving and staying right down the road. Really wanted to be able to book a test there the next morning.

12 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

How do you know this?  I’ve been doing ‘test’ bookings (stopping before actually booking) and every CVS within 25 miles is not available for any upcoming two week dates for rapid antigen tests.  How could you know yet if they will be available then?  Trust me, I want to believe this is true, as I am flying in on Thanksgiving and staying right down the road. Really wanted to be able to book a test there the next morning.

I went into the CVS on Golf Road in Hoffman Estates who contacted the CVS on Sunrise.  The woman who helped me was also the one who I worked with before my Edge cruise...very, very helpful.  She called down to the store on Sunrise who verified they would be open for testing on 1/2.  I was beyond frustrated trying to reach CVS direct, but Julie in the HE store was wonderful and got the info I was looking for.  I see "Chicago suburbs"; any chance you are in the northwest suburbs?  The CVS on Golf is east of Barrington Road.

Hope that helps.

Susan