Mocktails

travelwell

Does anyone have experience with mock-tails on Regent? I would love an original savory drink. Unfortunately as I age, more then one cocktail or glass of wine puts me to sleep. I would love to know that there was an interesting alternative to crashing at 9 pm due to a second glass of wine. 

Edited by travelwell
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Here is a list of Mocktails available from the pool bar.  Other bars may have a different list. 
E6C0B6EE-EBA1-4DD4-BE41-37035672A1BE.thumb.jpeg.22cd57ce496bb50afaf766930a43f404.jpeg

Z and TB

Wow, thanks for taking the time to snap this. Disappointed the drinks are so sweet. I may have to bring some suggestions, then again another drink and bedtime at 9….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelwell said:

Wow, thanks for taking the time to snap this. Disappointed the drinks are so sweet. I may have to bring some suggestions, then again another drink and bedtime at 9….

I'm sure if you bring some ideas, they'll work with you to make them to your liking.  I've done some cocktail experimentation with several bartenders at the pool bar in the past - I think they like playing with the concoctions as much as I like sampling them.

TRAVELWELL  " Wow, thanks for taking the time to snap this. Disappointed the drinks are so sweet. I may have to bring some suggestions, then again another drink and bedtime at 9…."

Our next cruise starts in April and after I make final payment I will request that the bars have MONDAY which is an NA gin that is very good and makes a good martini and an excellent G&T.  For those of us that cannot drink liquor, this is a great replacement.

• Like 2

I'll have to see if I can find MONDAY, it sounds very interesting (although I don't really like Fever Tree that much, but whatever.) 

Anyone know if Regent stocks any interesting NA beers?  Would they stock something especially for me? Some of the newer craft beers might be difficult for them to obtain, but a decent standard like Heineken 0:0 or the new Guinness 0% would be welcome.

I'm with you, Travelwell on the sweet mocktails. Any interesting recipes welcome here, since I no longer drink alcohol and am constantly on the look-out.

I like the idea of a non alcoholic gin and tonic. I will have to look up MONDAY. I had a non-alcoholic Old Fashion recently and loved it, not sure of what was in it. ZSqeeze1, can you check if they have any non alcoholic gin, whiskey etc?

They also have a variety of alcohol-removed wines available as well.  I remember having a red blend,  chardonnay,  and white zin offered at dinner.  My cabin attendant always made sure I had a bottle of my choice in the room as well.  They will try very hard to fulfill your wishes; there are many of us who can no longer drink, whether by choice or medical/rx restrictions.

NA Beer -

On past cruises they have had:

O'doul's (of course, but not my favorite) Comes in a can so it fits in your suite refrigerator.

Buckler NA - which is good

Heneken 0.0 which is good and popping up alot of places in the US.

My favorite is St. Pauli NA and wish they would get that on board.