Price of internet

sunsetme

3 hours ago, sunsetme said:

I understand internet is no longer a perk for Elite. What is the current price for 10 day cruise?

It has been $10/day when paid in advance & $15/day when purchased onboard. Platinum & Elite receive a 50% credit onboard which wasn’t marked non-refundable but was not included in the refundable credit total last week. You can view the cost on the MedallionClass app to pre-purchase it.

• OceanReady
  • MedallionNet

image.thumb.jpeg.376e63b629025e1999589ece53aabfd7.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

It has been $10/day when paid in advance & $15/day when purchased onboard. Platinum & Elite receive a 50% credit onboard which wasn’t marked non-refundable but was not included in the refundable credit total last week. You can view the cost on the MedallionClass app to pre-purchase it.

• OceanReady
  • MedallionNet

How far ahead does MedallionNet open up to buy?  

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think as soon as you have access to voyage in MC App and accept Cruise Contract or any other pop-ups.

The “buy plan” button doesn’t work for any of my cruises.  Final payment made on 5 of them.  Contract accepted, checked in, etc.  Guess I’ll call in.

On 11/4/2021 at 11:53 PM, Astro Flyer said:

• OceanReady
  • MedallionNet

Does anyone know if you sign up on the 1st. day of boarding is it the same price, as ordering before from the Medallion App.from home.??????

49 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

Does anyone know if you sign up on the 1st. day of boarding is it the same price, as ordering before from the Medallion App.from home.??????

I would also like to know if it is the same price on embarkation day or is it more than what you pay for when  you order from Medallion App. 

I have heard it is $15.00 a day for embarkation day and then you get 50% off that price for Platinum or Elite. Then the rest of the cruise it is $20.00 a day. But if ordered ahead it is $10.00 a day which it shows on my App and I will get back 50% of that charge when I get on board. This was confirmed by Princess Rep. when I spoke with her about excursions and she said this is refundable. By the way, same thing for excursions, pay the full price and get back 10% off that price when you board if you are Elite.

Can anyone confirm all this?

Thank you and have a good day. 

I can only add to the confusion.  I was on board the Grand a couple of weeks ago.  Went in circles trying to solve this puzzle.  On my account, the credit did show up as 50% OBC.  Next to it was NO designation that it was "non-refundable".  Internet Manager said to check with front desk.  I checked with Captain Circle Rep who said it "should be" refundable.  Got a call from the front desk and was told it is non-refundable even if it is NOT written on account.

I spent it all regardless so have no answer to if it is refundable or non-refundable.  I would think that the Captain Circle Barbara would have known.  She did say she would get back to me, but you know how that goes.  

I would like a honest answer from Princess.  When I called to order Medallion Net, CSR person told me it WAS refundable.  

53 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I can only add to the confusion.  I was on board the Grand a couple of weeks ago.  Went in circles trying to solve this puzzle.  On my account, the credit did show up as 50% OBC.  Next to it was NO designation that it was "non-refundable".  Internet Manager said to check with front desk.  I checked with Captain Circle Rep who said it "should be" refundable.  Got a call from the front desk and was told it is non-refundable even if it is NOT written on account.

I spent it all regardless so have no answer to if it is refundable or non-refundable.  I would think that the Captain Circle Barbara would have known.  She did say she would get back to me, but you know how that goes.  

I would like a honest answer from Princess.  When I called to order Medallion Net, CSR person told me it WAS refundable.  

I guess we should not be surprised🥴

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

AFAIK, everything you were told is correct, except the IT Mgr and PSD on board.  I have been waiting for yet another confirmation on this matter.  AFAIK, the newly sailing ships were to be edumacated.

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just a suggestion/thought.  Wouldn't it be just easier to charge Elite/Platinum the net price and forget this "good will" 50% "refundable" OBC?  As my cabin mate said...we are being held ransom.

That’s too easy!!!  That’s more money you most likely will spend OB.  That’s more money upfront for the cruise line.  Thanks 

@PacnGoNowFooled them.  My cabin mate wanted a "inexpensive" bracelet that was on sale at 40% off (net $10), charged Slots to my account instead of using my own money.  If I didn't do any of that, I would have only owed $1.83.  In return I received 4 mini bars (1 traded for 2 coffee "cards").  No Princess Plus package.  I used the coffee card to pay it forward to any crew that was standing around the IC.  And still couldn't zero out the card.

But....someone at the front desk was trying to settle an account of $1200 since his credit card was declined.  Don't know what happened to him.  How do you rack up $1200 on a 4 day cruise?

I wasn't going to argue non-refundable vs refundable since I love a challenge.

9 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@PacnGoNowFooled them.  My cabin mate wanted a "inexpensive" bracelet that was on sale at 40% off (net $10), charged Slots to my account instead of using my own money.  If I didn't do any of that, I would have only owed $1.83.  In return I received 4 mini bars (1 traded for 2 coffee "cards").  No Princess Plus package.  I used the coffee card to pay it forward to any crew that was standing around the IC.  And still couldn't zero out the card.

But....someone at the front desk was trying to settle an account of $1200 since his credit card was declined.  Don't know what happened to him.  How do you rack up $1200 on a 4 day cruise?

I wasn't going to argue non-refundable vs refundable since I love a challenge.

Oh my!  Crazy!  Sounds like a wild 4 day to me. 

48 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just a suggestion/thought.  Wouldn't it be just easier to charge Elite/Platinum the net price and forget this "good will" 50% "refundable" OBC?  As my cabin mate said...we are being held ransom.

Ive thought that and said it out loud many times!   it’s crazy what they put us through.  Princess knows as soon as you log in what your loyalty status is.  They act like you’re getting 50% percent off but since it’s in OBC it’s still in their favor.   Just charge the net price upfront!  I hate  when companies run games like this.  And why so difficult to order?  Why can’t we order internet through onboard services like ordering water, soda, etc?  😣 

• Like 1