Cruising out of New York/New Jersey

mfs2k

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

We did an 9 day cruise on Royal from Cape Liberty which meant it left on a Thursday.  It took us close to 3 hours to get to Bayonne from Nassau County during morning rush hour traffic. I told my wife we could flown to Florida and been at the port in that time.

I think you guys are forgetting you have to drive to one of the NY/NJ airports perhaps under the same traffic conditions.

34 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I think you guys are forgetting you have to drive to one of the NY/NJ airports perhaps under the same traffic conditions.

I take the Long Island railroad to JFK if I fly during the week. It's only 45 min to  an hour to JFK from my house during rush hour. 20 minutes if I pick up someone coming in on the last JetBlue flight at midnight. It's only 23 miles away.

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Not us..we  fly from Islip  McArthur Airport ..ISP ( a few miles away frim home, .no traffic) to FLL RSW TPA ..easy peasy.  And residents can  get a 2 yr parking permit, discount for Seniors.  One of the perks of having a TOWN owned airport.

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

During his term, President Trump came to Long Island to address issue with the MS 13 gangs. The Hamptons are not a representation of Long Island. It's the summer playground for the rich and famous with private beaches and high security.

Same for Fire Island Beach communitues!  Many NYC owners or weekend or  day trippers.

10 hours ago, hcat said:

We usually refer to the " East end ", north and south fork, and western LI .  Geographically, parts of NYC incl  Bklyn and  Queens are part of LI too, but are part of NYC gov. 

There is crime pretty much all over..spurred by NYs change in bail laws.

In "regular" LI there is gang activity.  We also have human trafficking, gun crimes, robbery, break ins,  assaults, school violence  homeless camps, etc as population shifts out here.  Brentwood in Islip was/is?  ground zero for gangs and MS 13 and other gangs in  Nassau too. And yes, no neigjborhoods or areas are immune.

Still nice but  increasingly congested as dev  bring urban style developments to our Towns  .  Mineola my  orig " home town,"  has def undergone a fair amt of urbanization.

Long Island  .... not the sleepy suburbs anymore! Just need to be aware and careful..

Lol!

23 hours ago, hcat said:

We usually refer to the " East end ", north and south fork, and western LI .  Geographically, parts of NYC incl  Bklyn and  Queens are part of LI too, but are part of NYC gov. 

There is crime pretty much all over..spurred by NYs change in bail laws.

In "regular" LI there is gang activity.  We also have human trafficking, gun crimes, robbery, break ins,  assaults, school violence  homeless camps, etc as population shifts out here.  Brentwood in Islip was/is?  ground zero for gangs and MS 13 and other gangs in  Nassau too. And yes, no neigjborhoods or areas are immune.

Still nice but  increasingly congested as dev  bring urban style developments to our Towns  .  Mineola my  orig " home town,"  has def undergone a fair amt of urbanization.

Long Island  .... not the sleepy suburbs anymore! Just need to be aware and careful..

So sad that you say these things- 

On 11/7/2021 at 6:16 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I cannot believe people have said these things.  I find obnoxious people all over the world- not in one specific state.  A little narrow minded.  

Agreed.  No place is immune … not even a message board 🤣😂🤣

• Haha 2