What are the toiletries in a standard room? (not aqua or a suite)

breadandbutter

9 minutes ago, breadandbutter said:

What are the toiletries in a standard room? (not aqua or a suite)

Thanks

B&B

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  I'm interested in the responses since I'm sailing Sunday on Connie in a non-AQ room for the first time on =X= since 2012.

16 minutes ago, marieps said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  I'm interested in the responses since I'm sailing Sunday on Connie in a non-AQ room for the first time on =X= since 2012.

Shampoo, body wash, conditioner in large pump bottles fixed to the wall inside the shower cubicle. Bar of soap by the wash basin. 

1 minute ago, breadandbutter said:

No 'Nice" brand then?

I think the same brand as before just in big bottles rather than the little ones you could take home as souvenirs. The shampoo worked just as well to wash clothes as the 

little bottles did - just annoying to have to cup it your hands to get it to the sink.

23 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I think the same brand as before just in big bottles rather than the little ones you could take home as souvenirs. The shampoo worked just as well to wash clothes as the 

little bottles did - just annoying to have to cup it your hands to get it to the sink.

Hey Geoff,

Did you get better than one bubble per ounce of body wash?  That would be an improvement, even from the AQ toiletries.

2 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Are the toiletries any different in the concierge class verandah cabins?  I thought they were supposed to be 'upgraded' or something?

Upgraded possibly but I still think fixed to the walls in large bottles - at least that's what I was led to believe. Of course in Concierge you get the posh shower head. Still no washing line just the bar to help you shave your legs. Personally I would prefer a line.

Not sure if this is what they have now across the fleet but this was from Edge inside stateroom on the shower wall.  I don't recall my Summit cruise toiletries but it being a longer time ago it likely isn't the same anyway.

2019-03-24_072.thumb.JPG.335f53e13a04e165aaa4cdc76a9087bd.JPG

1 hour ago, poffles said:

Not sure if this is what they have now across the fleet but this was from Edge inside stateroom on the shower wall.  I don't recall my Summit cruise toiletries but it being a longer time ago it likely isn't the same anyway.

2019-03-24_072.thumb.JPG.335f53e13a04e165aaa4cdc76a9087bd.JPG

Yes just as on Silhouette. Plus a bar of soap next to the sink

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I have some nice Bvlgari samples of shampoo shower gel and conditioner that I bring along as I find the ones in dispensers not good for my hair.

I also bring my own hair products and body wash.  I have never relied on what might be provided in the stateroom or even in a hotel room, just too nervous to do that.  The only thing I do use is the bar soap provided for the sink to wash your hands.  I am the same with relying on a provided hair dryer, my hair is too thick and curly to not 'dry' it and it needs to have some power; any provided typically fall short.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, poffles said:

I also bring my own hair products and body wash.  I have never relied on what might be provided in the stateroom or even in a hotel room, just too nervous to do that.  The only thing I do use is the bar soap provided for the sink to wash your hands.  I am the same with relying on a provided hair dryer, my hair is too thick and curly to not 'dry' it and it needs to have some power; any provided typically fall short.

Same here - I am very particular about my hair/body products and always bring my own hairdryer as I know how it 'works' for my hair.. 🙂