Cruise Planner purchase refund

atabs12

4 hours ago, familycruising4ever said:

After one week I called RCI on my 3 refunds due and was told it could take 30 days to appear. It's now been 2 weeks and still nothing.  Glad I kept my cancellation emails so I have proof they were cancelled and the $ amounts as well.

Thank you so much  for the info. I hope it does not take 30 days. Its a lot of money they keep in limbo for now. Was hoping the refund offset the new purchases made. 

16 hours ago, atabs12 said:

I canceled some items in my cruise planner to rebuy at a better price. What is the wait time for credit card refund these days? I been waiting 8 days and no refund yet. Starting to get nervous. TIA

Mine took about 14 days. I was starting to worry but it eventually came through.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Mine took about 14 days. I was starting to worry but it eventually came through.

Were those 14 business days or did it include weekend days? I canceled a beverage package on 10/28 and still no refund. Then I changed my cruise and they said my beverage package purchase would be refunded and haven’t seen that either. Was around the same time as 10/28. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ulcards99 said:

Were those 14 business days or did it include weekend days? I canceled a beverage package on 10/28 and still no refund. Then I changed my cruise and they said my beverage package purchase would be refunded and haven’t seen that either. Was around the same time as 10/28. 

52 minutes ago, familycruising4ever said:

My cancellations and rebookings took place on 10/28 and 10/29 and the refunds haven't shown up yet either.  That is what prompted my call to RCI and they said could take up to 30 days for drinks/excursions and up to 45 for price adjustment credit to hit cards.

My cancellation were made on 10/29 as well. Hoping the money will show up here soon. 

• Like 1

My (now) former TA cancelled my Med cruise without my instructing them to do so. I only found out by logging into the Cruise Planner which showed no cruises booked. 

About a month before this happened I had purchased $2000 in ShoreEx. 

I called Royal right away to see if this could be reversed but was told it was too late and a refund was already in progress. 

Three weeks tick by and nothing back on my credit card despite having spoken with two other agents who assured me that the refund had been processed.

I have now re-booked the cruise and want to rebook the same shore ex I had already purchased. So I called Royal again to get a status update on the refund so that it hits my card at the same time as I buy again.

After 1 1/2 hours on the phone with them on Friday they were able to determine that  due to a processing error, the refund had not actually been posted to my credit card on their end. This apparently has been fixed with a "new" refund issue date of 11/05. The agent who was assisting me told me that I could expect it would be about 7 - 10 business days for the refund to come through.

All this to say, keep checking... but if the time you were told you should see it has come and gone, call back and have it investigated. 

Good luck! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ulcards99 said:

Just checked my credit card statement, it was actually 16 calendar days from when I cancelled my DP until the refund hit my account.

• Like 3