Wi Fi on the Medallion Net.

Ronnieslady

My DH wanted me to ask you smart Techie people, if he has or gets the Internet Package, will he be able to play Pandora Music on his I-phone while on the ship???

And will it depend on how great the connection is????    The ship is the Grand, in case it makes a difference.

Thanks so much he will appreciate the info,

Grace

I was surprised (first time with Medallion Net) to see how good the connection was on the Grand.  I was able to FaceTime my grandson on decks 5, 6, 7, and Promenade.  The only problem I had was that the Net kicked me off of my phone (when I wasn't using it) at 5 minute intervals.  If I put my phone down, I would have to reconnect.  That didn't happen to my iPad.  Not sure why.  

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was surprised (first time with Medallion Net) to see how good the connection was on the Grand.  I was able to FaceTime my grandson on decks 5, 6, 7, and Promenade.  The only problem I had was that the Net kicked me off of my phone (when I wasn't using it) at 5 minute intervals.  If I put my phone down, I would have to reconnect.  That didn't happen to my iPad.  Not sure why.  

Pandora is a free music App. he has on his i-phone.  I guess he is not a fan of the radio stations they used to  have on the TV.   Wonder if the TV's have any better music stations now.

Thanks for your reply

1 hour ago, Ronnieslady said:

Pandora is a free music App. he has on his i-phone.  I guess he is not a fan of the radio stations they used to  have on the TV.   Wonder if the TV's have any better music stations now.

Thanks for your reply

Should be good to go.  In far northern/southern latitudes, IDK on latency.  But it isn't video, so should be fine.

15 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

My DH wanted me to ask you smart Techie people, if he has or gets the Internet Package, will he be able to play Pandora Music on his I-phone while on the ship???

And will it depend on how great the connection is????    The ship is the Grand, in case it makes a difference.

Thanks so much he will appreciate the info,

Grace

Where are you sailing? Makes a huge difference. Too far north 50 degrees north or south latitude (think approx. Southhampton north) and your speed will suffer - Greatly. 

south of that you’ll be on the MEO (O3B) satellites. Above that are the Geo satellites. 

watch this video for a better explanation. 

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/om-preview-modules/medallion-net.html

• Like 1

MedallionNet is great for streaming audio and video content as long as you are not on an Alaskan cruise.  Satellite internet of any kind just doesn't work well that far north, as others have mentioned.  I streamed Netflix on our last transatlantic.  Was pretty nice to have and we did some black Friday shopping too.