Room Assignments Cancelled

mistertoaster

We are booked on an early February cruise on the MSC Seashore. I attempted web check-in yesterday as was stopped at the room number entry. I did not book a guaranteed room and had an assigned room number from MSC (or at least I thought). After several attempts to circumvent this issue, I called MSC. Of course the hold was over 30 minutes which I anticipated. Once connected, I asked the gentleman about the issue. He indicated that many/all rooms (he wasn't certain) had been assigned guarantee status by MSC. He indicated this would be resolved before the cruise, but did not have details on why it occurred and when exactly it would be resolved. Wondering if anyone else had/has this issue with MSC, and any details regarding same. Thanks for any input. 

Quick summary: If you press them on it they are claiming it's due to maintaining social distancing due to COVID, but many people think the real reason is because they are implementing new cabin categories and had to do this in order to implement the new classifications. 

• Like 3

I suspect it may be linked to cruises with change of itinerary, and their systems can't handle it.  I'm guessing your February trip is like our 5 March sailing, where St. Thomas was dropped and Nassau was added (along with starting at Ocean Cay, not ending there, and the time in San Juan).  That is the second week for us, and our room changed to Guarantee.  However, the 26 February room is still assigned and the itinerary is intact.  Can't tell for certain with MSC, but at least the COVID excuse doesn't serve to explain the rooms situation on two adjacent cruises.

• Like 1

We are scheduled on the 2/19/22 Seashore.   We booked for the itinerary and now it's very different.  That, plus we booked a Grand Suite in the YC and now we've lost that stateroom.  Since our final payment is due Nov 22, I'm not willing to wait and see where they reassign us.  

This booking has had issues since the first day we booked it and it's just stressed me to the point where we're going to cancel.  We had 2 great cruises on Seaside and Meraviglia and that's going to be it for us!   Back to NCL and Celebrity!  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for comments and links. We booked an inside cabin in the YC and he assured me they would not boot us out of the YC. Assuming that is true, which is a big assumption, they can't assign me a lower level room in the YC as YC inside is the lowest category. If they try to kick us out of the YC, then they will need to refund in full, and I will never cruise MSC again. 

3 minutes ago, mistertoaster said:

Thanks everyone for comments and links. We booked an inside cabin in the YC and he assured me they would not boot us out of the YC. Assuming that is true, which is a big assumption, they can't assign me a lower level room in the YC as YC inside is the lowest category. If they try to kick us out of the YC, then they will need to refund in full, and I will never cruise MSC again. 

You won’t get booted out.  You may even snag an upgrade 🤞

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

You won’t get booted out.  You may even snag an upgrade 🤞

I have seen this statement a couple of times. Not true 100%

I personally was booted out of a YC Grand suite and put in a regular balcony on deck 8. This was for a cruise 3 weeks ago with no reduction in fare.

Don't like it, was told I can cancel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have seen this statement a couple of times. Not true 100%

I personally was booted out of a YC Grand suite and put in a regular balcony on deck 8. This was for a cruise 3 weeks ago with no reduction in fare.

Don't like it, was told I can cancel.

That was a different situation to this. 

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

That was a different situation to this. 

Not necessarily,

I too am/ was booked on the Seashore for February.  I have another issue with them taking my YC away. I am paid in full. I have no cabin and my booking shows cancelled which they are fixing. So who is going to lose their cabin?

Someone who is paid in full or someone who has not paid in full?

1 minute ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Not necessarily,

I too am/ was booked on the Seashore for February.  I have another issue with them taking my YC away. I am paid in full. I have no cabin and my booking shows cancelled which they are fixing. So who is going to lose their cabin?

Someone who is paid in full or someone who has not paid in full?

I’ve been following your travails with great interest.  I’d never book another cruise with MSC if I’d have had half your issues.

As it is, we’ve had it with MSC despite having had a fantastic time on Seashore a couple of weeks ago.  We have 2 more booked with them but we’ve booked X for our regular September cruise next year, despite being more expensive than a YC1.  

• Like 1