Drink Package Upgrade

bookitdanno

On 11/13/2021 at 11:45 AM, SNJCruisers said:

It would be worth it to just upgrade to premium if you're going to have at least two drinks per day at the martini bar.  

I found the majority of wines and martinis onboard were at the $11 mark.  One time I asked for a pina colada and questioned what type of rum was used and they said it was house rum.  So why pay for PBP if you are getting drinks made with basic package alcohol.  One night at the martini bar I ordered the 25th anniversary martini which is priced at $16 and paid the upcharge.  Unless one is a heavy drinker they are making lots of money on the premium package. 

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I found the majority of wines and martinis onboard were at the $11 mark.  One time I asked for a pina colada and questioned what type of rum was used and they said it was house rum.  So why pay for PBP if you are getting drinks made with basic package alcohol.  One night at the martini bar I ordered the 25th anniversary martini which is priced at $16 and paid the upcharge.  Unless one is a heavy drinker they are making lots of money on the premium package. 

If you have the premium package, you can request the brand of alcohol used. For example, I always drink a Bloody Mary and stress that I want Grey Goose, not house brand vodka. 

As much as it pains me to do so, I always ask for Ron Zacapa 23 when i order a pina colada for my wife.  As is often stated, unless you specify otherwise they are going to use house brands for mixed drinks.  The Martini bar where Grey Goose seems to be the norm for vodka martini's may be the exception. 

7 hours ago, drakes2 said:

If you enjoy drinking house rum, more power to you.  I also thought the price point was 15.00 max for Premium and 9.00 max for Standard.  Also, the martinis at the Martini Bar are 15 and 18, at least on the Edge Class ships.

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The Martini bar where Grey Goose seems to be the norm for vodka martini's may be the exception. 

I remember a spirited thread a few years ago where it was YMMV regarding getting a small martini at the Martini Bar with Classic or Standard ingredients such as Absolute Vodka instead of a large martini made with Grey Goose.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I remember a spirited thread a few years ago where it was YMMV regarding getting a small martini at the Martini Bar with Classic or Standard ingredients such as Absolute Vodka instead of a large martini made with Grey Goose.

I watched him pour GG into my cosmo at the martini bar. Also ordered a blue martini and a 25th anniversary one all at the martini bar. They are listed on the menu that made with Grey Goose.

12 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I watched him pour GG into my cosmo at the martini bar. Also ordered a blue martini and a 25th anniversary one all at the martini bar. They are listed on the menu that made with Grey Goose.

And if made with GG, then they are not covered under the Classic package, unless the bartender was greased with a good tip and went against protocol