**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #1 **** PLEASE READ!!!!!

Host Carolyn

And aI understand, cruising isn’t for everyone, I’ve sailed with lots of friends that didn’t enjoy it and this was way before Covid.

I must say that Carnival did an outstanding job maintaining Covid procedures ensuring everyone wore their masks at all times during the shows and indoors areas. Two thumbs up.

Fred

• Like 1

Fred,the 7 people that tested positive,were they from your cruise or another?The Panarama is still in yellow color status.Do you know if there were any new cases on your cruise or yellow being from cruise before where 6 of the crew tested positive snd were in quarantine.Family snd I are booked on January 8 cruise and may cancel if it does not go back to green.Everyone is fearful.

Hi, the 7 people that are posting elsewhere on another site are from my cruise roll call, I don’t follow that site but I’m told by others that do.

Last week not my cruise we had some crew members that were said to be positive and their Cabo stop was canceled, on my cruise we went to all 3 stops, 2 stops in Cabo and 1 in Ensenada. Even in Mexico everyone wore their masks when they were out and about walking.

So what I am getting is that the crew got their booster & flu shots together and like most of us with vaccines some of them got sick. So they remained underground.

No known cases that I know of onboard Panorama on my cruise.

3 hours ago, Wennfred said:

Yes same cruise, this was my 3rd time this year on carnival Panorama and out of 25 cruises this one was of the best, the embarkation and disembarkation was a breeze. 

To let everyone know, Customs now uses a face recognition system, you walk off the ship, pick up your luggage and walk to where they look at your face with the iPad and you leave. There are 2 lines, one for those with birth certificate and the other line with passports, the face scan takes 5 seconds and you’re off.

By the time I got to the parking lot I was tired because you don’t stop, 

As far as people being called over the loud speakers midweek, these were passengers that were not seen by their Cabin Steward for a while because they were sleeping in another cabin with their other relatives and did not tell their cabin Stewart. So they have to notify guests services and security.

Probably because of how crappy the internet and chat was the whole time. I’ve requested a refund due to how bad it was. Sorry to steer off topic…

Is there a thread specific to our cruise?

On 12/22/2021 at 11:56 PM, Joe817 said:

Yes. This will be a serious issue. They do look at the CDC vaccination card carefully. It must be in compliance with Carnival's  requirements. Sorry. 

I am supposed to sail Jan 6. It never occurred to me that there would be any issue with my vax card until I read about this here. I was part of the Pfizer clinical trials (you're welcome) and sure enough, my first and second vaxes that I received at the research center do not list the lot numbers. (I got my booster at Walgreens and it is in order.) ARGH! That was back in Florida. I now live in Texas. I will have to call them tomorrow. I would be freaking out about the time factor of getting a new one mailed to me, but my travel mate lives right near the research center so I will have to talk them into letting him pick it up for me and give it to me when we meet up to check in. I really don't need any more stressors!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wennfred said:

7 people are complaining on another forum that they are positive, probably the same ones that were all jammed inside the jacuzzi.

Anyways 4000 passengers and I didn’t see anyone sick, I tested yesterday with the OTC kit, no issues. I wore my N95 mask and my black cloth mask over it.

No one seen in isolation nor anyone walking around in Hazmat suits. It was a great cruise.

Everyone complied with the rules and was told to wear their masks if they forgot to put it on.

I did see 2 Hazmat down on deck 1 forward I believe. Another passenger on 9 told me that their neighbor was relocated after leaving Cabo.

4 hours ago, leitmotif said:

Probably because of how crappy the internet and chat was the whole time. I’ve requested a refund due to how bad it was. Sorry to steer off topic…

Is there a thread specific to our cruise?

Go to our Roll Call Panorama 18 Dec 2021

Last trip I got the Premium internet and this one I got the middle plan (value) which worked just the same as the Premium, my internet was slow as on All the ships, you’re not going to get High Speed internet on any ship. I was able to post on all apps and website including pictures and play my Black Desert Mobile game on my phone.

As far as People being relocated to other cabins, this happens all the time for many reasons, I was given the option to move to the other side because on day 3 I had a cigarette smoke odor, I don’t smoke, but I turned up the A/C and the odor was gone, another couple was moved because their toilet stopped working. 

Fred

Edited by Wennfred

They quickly look at your Covid card to see both vaccines and probably the date since it has to be 14 days from cruise day, then they look at your negative results.

I had a copy but showed them the results on my phone since people asked on here. They were happy to see it right on your phone and off I went, the whole thing took 1 minute and then off to x-Ray and to the check-in where they take a snap shot of your passport. Later when you disembark they scan your face on the way out and you are done. Don’t have to have your passport out. This was in Long Beach Ca. Could be different elsewhere, this made leaving so fast.

Fred

I went to Fast Pace Medical located in Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Indiana and open 7 days weekly.  Had results in fifteen minutes and received hardcopy of results and also got those sent to my phone and took both to ship.

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Very interesting.  Thanks for sharing that.  Carnival does not usually, in my experience, write letters about protocols unless they've actually changed and are finalized.  

I agree, but even if they don't impose additional restrictions, but Hawaii does, and you don't have the booster you may be able to sail but end up on a 14- or 15-day cruise to nowhere.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

A while back I booked a cruise on Carnival Panorama for Feb. 26th - March 5th. We are vaccinated and boosted. I now understand that we are to wear masks while on ship and tested  before getting on a ship. Okay I don’t mind these precautions but if these are being enforced why have all these Covid cases popped up on ships these last couple weeks? Also if we have to test to get on ship do we have to test to get off. I’m feeling overwhelmed and thinking on canceling if I even can?!

1 hour ago, STEPHIE said:

Okay I don’t mind these precautions but if these are being enforced why have all these Covid cases popped up on ships these last couple weeks?

The omicron variant, which took over as the dominant strain a week ago is much more transmittable than Delta. Vaccines and boosters, along with masks and proper sanitation helps to control the spread, but even with these measures in place you will still see outbreaks.  While still not great, the number of cases on ships recently is still much lower than percentages of cases the general population in the U.S.

1 hour ago, STEPHIE said:

Also if we have to test to get on ship do we have to test to get off.

Testing is not required to get off the ship.  It is only required if you will be travelling to another country.  But, as we have seen, everything is subject to change.

Hello Cruisers. Just reconfirming a QR code like this will suffice at embarkation check-in if presented. (of course with valid passenger name and w/i 48 hours of departure date). Has anyone used this before? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Cruising this weekend on the Carnival Vista 12/31/2021 (hopefully!!)

c19_LI.jpg

40 minutes ago, calliope30 said:
Hello Cruisers. Just reconfirming a QR code like this will suffice at embarkation check-in if presented. (of course with valid passenger name and w/i 48 hours of departure date). Has anyone used this before? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Cruising this weekend on the Carnival Vista 12/31/2021 (hopefully!!)

c19_LI.jpg

Proof of vaccination, as follows, will be required at the terminal in advance of boarding:
  • Original vaccination record issued by the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). Copies or photos are not accepted.
  • A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.
  • The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show the guest is fully vaccinated. The vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date. This means that on embarkation day, a minimum of 15 days must have passed since the final dose was received. Vaccine type, dates administered, and lot numbers must be clearly visible