**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #1 **** PLEASE READ!!!!!

Host Carolyn

9 minutes ago, JanetGofWI said:

Timer expired and I was connected to a proctor. They read the results Negative and was told they would enter them into the app.

Phew! What an ordeal! That was a real nail bitter. Glad you tested negative, and all is right with the world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JanetGofWI said:

I have been trying periodically to login to Emed today, just got logged in and connected to a proctor. Explained I had started the process earlier today but didn’t get results read. She scanned the test and restarted the timer. I’m waiting on the countdown now. Hopefully get results read from early today. Three minutes to go…

I was able to sign in again and the SAME THING HAPPENED!!!  I fly into Miami tomorrow so will just have to do a walkin at the airport.  Cannot express how angry I am about this fiasco.  Wasted an entire day on this.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:31 PM, 2fromaurora said:

Walgreen's website says the rapid test is "free" but reading fine print, the lab bills your insurance. My insurance has told me they do not cover testing for travel (Anthem) Has anyone truly gotten rapid testing for free?  I'm in Denver area if anyone  has specific knowledge.  I'm on Sunrise December 9 and excited but starting to panic. TIA! 

Hi Aurora.  I am in Aurora too.  My cruise isn't until the end of the month.  Could you tell me what you ended up doing about your test?  

On 12/7/2021 at 9:22 AM, pe4all said:

I don't know where you live on Long Island, but we use AFC for our testing. (American Family Care). We use the one in East Meadow, but they also have branches in Farmingdale and West Islip.  They are wonderful - we get rapid tests, in and out in 15 minutes.  They give you a printout of results.  They are also open 7 days a week.  You make an appt. online.

Thanks

We did final a Northwell Health clinic that will do it for us on Friday. Thanks for recommending this to us.

Cheers

Len

On 12/6/2021 at 5:24 PM, K_e_short said:

It doesn't pertain to Cruise Travellers.

It actually doesn't pertain to land borders either, which is weird.

Just like cruise ships have had different rules in regards to Covid testing to ENTER those countries, cruise ships have different rules to ENTER back into the U.S.

I am Canadian so have to deal with this rule. I am flying/cruising on Dec 26th so need to do a test on Christmas Day.

We are on the same cruise.  We purchased home kits from the Aeroplan website.  They are working with Switchhealth creating at home test kits which are approved for travelling home and for getting on cruise ships.  If you are an Aeroplan member, if not it is free to sign up.

https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan#collectionKits

My husband and I used the RT Lamp kits to come home from Mexico.  Did the test in our room 3 days before we came home.  It took 35 mins and is really easy.  We are using these again to come home in January. 

We just purchased the COVID-19 Rapid Anitgen test kits so we can get on the Mardi Gras. (they came within 5 days). We will do that test on Christmas Day at the Condo we rented. 

I booked an appointment with Walmart on the 22nd so we can have our Asymptomatic test for arrival in the US.  We are flying to Orlando on the 23rd. 

The test at Walmart is 19.99.  Shoppers drug mart also offers the test for 39.99.

I took the last 2 tests on the 22nd of December.  You better start calling around, a lot of people are travelling this year.

Good luck!

Sorry for another question. We have a boarding time of 12:30-1:00PM.

Does my test have to be 48 hours after our boarding time?. Like do we have to get out test after 1PM on Friday? Or can we do it anytime, like Friday 10AM?

Cheers

Len

18 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Sorry for another question. We have a boarding time of 12:30-1:00PM.

Does my test have to be 48 hours after our boarding time?. Like do we have to get out test after 1PM on Friday? Or can we do it anytime, like Friday 10AM?

Cheers

Len

no, just 2 days. So if your cruise is on Saturday like mine, you can test Thursday Anytime.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 1:55 PM, Eliot Ness said:

We're doing a B2B mid December and our PVP said for the 2nd cruise (same ship, same cabin) they would test us free since we are vaccinated.  Does this sound right or should I be ordering some of the eMed kits?

On the Carnival Website and that is what they say.  It is same policy for other cruise lines branded by Carnival

I have not read thru all 10 pages of this thread, so I'm sorry if it's been asked already... We are finally cruising again Jan 2 out of Galveston and I just realized that the "window" to test is going to be New Years Eve so I'm not sure we'll be able to find anywhere to test around here, thinking of doing the at home test... Does anyone know if they set up the med appointments on holidays/weekends? I don't see anything on the two that Carnival recommended saying they don't but I'm worried about missing the proper window of time we need 😟

I really hope they change these COVID testing requirements before our cruise in June 2022.  We postponed it twice and still have that $1400 OBC from the original March 2020 postponement/cancellation.  Our kids are 1, 7, and 10.  Don't want them getting swabbed three times for a cruise.

our pediatrician is going to test the family.  Do need to have it electronically sent to my phone with a bar code? what kind of documentation is accepted? I know your name / birthday / type of test / result should be on on "it" but if you are going to a doctor's office what does that "form/it" look like? don't want to be turned away at the port. (paranoid).

we have our vaccine cards and passports with the right valid information on it (birthday/ doses, etc).

help!!!!

1 minute ago, Schoifmom said:

We received a printed copy from the Urgent Care where we had ours done.  It's simply a piece of paper with all of the required information on it.  No need to complicate things, IMO.

just don't want go to the port and find out that we are not prepared.  its the teacher in me

Having a printed out result was very much appreciated by the Carnival employee last week when we cruised. She looked at Vax Card and then at our names on Test and as soon as she saw the word “negative” she was happy and sent us on. I would suggest she never even read the kind of test we had. 

1 hour ago, bafinegan said:

According to the Carnival website, "a laboratory test record, digital certificate, or healthcare record" will suffice.  Am attaching the document.

carnival testing 2.jpg

thanks. taking every precaution to make sure we are good with the paperwork. 

Edited by stellarose
  • Like 1

Here is my datapoint. 

Earlier this week I made an appointment for a Walgreen's Rapid Diagnostic Test in North Las Vegas.  Earlier today I had the test done at the Walgreen's drive thru, took about two minutes.  Test was completed at 12:47.  I then got the email with the negative test results at 1:11.  Yup, only 24 minutes later.  The PDF document attached to the Walgreen email had all the info that Carnival wants.   So I will print off the PDF document and bring it with me to cruise check-in this Saturday.  And no, Walgreen's did not charge me anything for the test.  But they do have my insurance on file, so they will likely ask my insurance to pay. 

• Like 1

Has anyone ordered their home tests in the last two weeks? I am trying to find out what the current expiration dates are. I will be cruising in mid January and then again in March. I will be scheduling appointments at CVS and possible Walgreens but wanted to have a backup if they cancelled on me. 

Can anyone answer this question: I purchased the Binax at home tests for my upcoming cruise that CCL recommended.  My entire party is vaccinated.  Do I have to schedule the tele appointment ahead of time?  Or can I just wait until the day I want to do the test?  The instructions are not clear on the box, but it does say not to open the box so I have no clue what to do. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 1:18 PM, nwcruiselover said:

2 days prior for fully vaccinated people.  3 days prior for unvaccinated with exception approved by Carnival (mostly kids 11 and under).

So the unvaccinated get an extra day compared to the vaccinated???

6 hours ago, tytanbri said:

Has anyone ordered their home tests in the last two weeks? I am trying to find out what the current expiration dates are. I will be cruising in mid January and then again in March. I will be scheduling appointments at CVS and possible Walgreens but wanted to have a backup if they cancelled on me. 

I ordered my tests about a week ago. They came in yesterday. They expire on 12/27.  Definitely cutting it close.  Fortunately, we sail on 12/18 but I certainly could not have ordered them a month or two in advance because they would have been expired. So much for planning ahead!

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

So the unvaccinated get an extra day compared to the vaccinated???

They are required to have a PCR test first and later, an antigen test performed at embarkation.

From Carnival site regarding testing for unvaccinated:

Testing
  • Guests ages 2 and older must present a negative PCR COVID-19 test, taken within 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date at check-in (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). As part of the health screening process, unvaccinated guests must also take an antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. All unvaccinated guests will be assessed a US$150 per person charge on the guest’s onboard Sail & Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Guests should review their pre-cruise test results, i.e., a laboratory test record, digital certificate or healthcare record, and ensure it indicates their full legal name, date of birth, type of test, date and time sample was taken, test result stating “NEGATIVE” or “NOT DETECTED” and laboratory, testing site, and/or healthcare provider details. Please refer to our Return to Service FAQs for complete information on testing requirements and resources.
Edited by day-day

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I ordered my tests about a week ago. They came in yesterday. They expire on 12/27.  Definitely cutting it close.  Fortunately, we sail on 12/18 but I certainly could not have ordered them a month or two in advance because they would have been expired. So much for planning ahead!

Was this the Abbott BinaxNow test?  Was the 12/27 expiration date the date printed on the package?

Edited by day-day