Which of these 3 hotels should I choose in Miami?

danicolie

Hi there!  These 3 hotels are the same price and I am having trouble deciding.... We are only staying 1 night pre-cruise, arriving at 2pm. 

Miami Marriott Biscayne

Hilton Miami Downtown

Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown

Any of them near where we could walk to purchase our 2 bottles of wine and case of water to bring on the ship?

Edited by danicolie
  • Like 1

• danicolie changed the title to Which of these 3 hotels should I choose in Miami?

I'd like to know, too. We're in for 2 nights on Christmas Eve and I'm looking at the Hilton. I know others have posted the Holiday Inn POM is in bankruptcy and up for redevelopment. Curious about YVE Miami after seeing so-so reviews.

7 minutes ago, mondello said:

I'd like to know, too. We're in for 2 nights on Christmas Eve and I'm looking at the Hilton. I know others have posted the Holiday Inn POM is in bankruptcy and up for redevelopment. Curious about YVE Miami after seeing so-so reviews.

Oh thank you for the tip on Holiday Inn.  That explains the recent terrible reviews.  I think I will scratch it off the list. I liked it because it was across the street from Bayside, but the other two are still within walking distance.  We'll need our exercise after a full-day of flying.

YVE was on our short list too.  

2 minutes ago, danicolie said:

Oh thank you for the tip on Holiday Inn.  That explains the recent terrible reviews.  I think I will scratch it off the list. I liked it because it was across the street from Bayside, but the other two are still within walking distance.  We'll need our exercise after a full-day of flying.

YVE was on our short list too.  

We had a nice stay at the Intercontinental several years ago. Seeing better prices on the Hilton. I'm considering waiting to the last minute in the hope rates drop after the Christmas bookings. Pretty sure I'd rather be downtown rather than by the airport, for dining over Christmas.

16 minutes ago, mondello said:

We had a nice stay at the Intercontinental several years ago. Seeing better prices on the Hilton. I'm considering waiting to the last minute in the hope rates drop after the Christmas bookings. Pretty sure I'd rather be downtown rather than by the airport, for dining over Christmas.

That's what I am trying to figure out too.  We're staying on Nov 27th.  Thanksgiving weekend so prices are high.  We're 2 weeks out.  Wondering if I should wait even longer or if I should book now.  If only I had a crystal ball.  lol. 

YVE does have some specials on the website.  I called and found out there is no transportation either from the airport to the hotel or to the cruise port.  Hampton Inn Bricknell has port shuttles but no airport shuttles.  I'm still looking as I have a Jan 2022 cruise coming up.

4 hours ago, danicolie said:

Hi there!  These 3 hotels are the same price and I am having trouble deciding.... We are only staying 1 night pre-cruise, arriving at 2pm. 

Miami Marriott Biscayne

Hilton Miami Downtown

Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown

Any of them near where we could walk to purchase our 2 bottles of wine and case of water to bring on the ship?

Both the Marriott and Hilton are right next door to each other.  There is a Publix just up the street, easy walking distance where you can make any pre-cruise purchases you need.  Both are good, solid hotel options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, iahawkfan21 said:

Both the Marriott and Hilton are right next door to each other.  There is a Publix just up the street, easy walking distance where you can make any pre-cruise purchases you need.  Both are good, solid hotel options.

That is exactly what I want to hear. Publix nearby is a big plus, was only hoping for a CVS/Walgreens.

5 hours ago, danicolie said:

That's what I am trying to figure out too.  We're staying on Nov 27th.  Thanksgiving weekend so prices are high.  We're 2 weeks out.  Wondering if I should wait even longer or if I should book now.  If only I had a crystal ball.  lol. 

Yeah, I'm just going off past trips but, we used to spend Christmas in NYC and Boston. I remember prices had really dropped on our way into NYC. Wondering if that could happen again and maybe willing to gamble on best available hotel if prices drop.

7 hours ago, cpj74 said:

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon

I just made my reservations.  They have shuttle to and from the airport and to the cruise port.  Glad I got that resolved!

Some bad reviews ...lately

23 hours ago, iahawkfan21 said:

In lobby of marriot there is a large mall area with lots of restaurants and a liquor store we always stay at doubletree which shares lobby with marriot.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Miami Marriott Biscayne would be my pick, followed by the Hilton Miami Downtown.

I would double check on the renovations for this hotel by calling them & asking what they will be working on during your stay. I had this booked for April, but learned that they will be working on the marina & pool area then/balconies would likely not be available during our stay. 

Silly but I switched to another hotel since I really wanted to sit on the balcony and see the ships and boats come and go.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Silly but I switched to another hotel

Disagree that it's silly to switch when one learns that renovations are taking place.  Didn't know (didn't even think to ask) about elevator renovations taking place at a full service Marriott where I stayed in Fort Lauderdale.  Elevator service was slow because there was always at least one elevator out of service, sometimes two out of 4 during my stay.  

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone for the excellent feedback!  It was extremely helpful!  I just booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay.  In the end, the price and location could not be beat.  Also, I am a Marriott Lifetime Gold member so I get extra points.  Thank you for the comment about construction. I reached out to the hotel and it should not impact us since we are staying on a Saturday night.  If we were staying longer, it would have.  Thanks again!  Very excited now!  Not having a hotel was stressing me out!  lol!  

image.png.e8115eba92feeebab8e1f9e67380b700.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diver2014 said:

There is a CVS on the corner of NW 2nd Street and Biscayne Blvd, across from Bayfront Park.  There is also a seven eleven one block south on Biscayne Blvd near Flagler Street.

Noted.  Thank you for the info.  🙂