Specialty Restaurants...

COCKYMARK

Just now, COCKYMARK said:

Trying to decide on one...those who have done them on oasis class....please give me like top 3 and why...thanks!!

Depends on which Oasis class ship you are looking at (at least for us and the ones we've sailed on).

On Allure : 1) Giovanni's; 2) Chops; 3) Izumi

On Harmony: 1) Chops; 2) 150 Central Park; 3) Izumi

On Oasis: 1) Chops; 2) Giovanni's: 3) 150 Central Park

23 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

Trying to decide on one...those who have done them on oasis class....please give me like top 3 and why...thanks!!

Save your $ and purchase a 3 dinner package 😇 then you can report back on your top 3 and why ...

• Like 1

Ooooh, good question!  We board Harmony in 6 days and our friends handled the dinner reservations - Jamie's Italian, Wonderland, and Central Park booked for now, but hoping a RoyalUp fairy gets us into Star class!  If so we will be trying as many as we can!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, COCKYMARK said:

We are going on allure thanks orville

No problem. We just got off of a B2B on Allure (10/10-10/24), and tried every Specialty Restaurant except Samba. The mushroom risotto and gnocchi in Giovanni's were outstanding. 150 Central Park was a real disappointment. They used to be our favorite, but their standards (at least on Allure) have slipped substantially. The scallops were about as tender as a pencil eraser, and quite frankly not as tasty. DW ordered the Halibut and they brought her Lobster Thermador (which she is allergic to and informed them of when they came to take our order). By the time she got what she ordered my venison was stone cold, and the halibut was so overcooked that she actually had to cut it with a knife just to find pieces that were edible. Sabor used to be A La Carte (and really good), but they have gone to a fixed price menu, and the food was barely edible. Izumi completely re-did their sushi menu, and most items were tempura based. The hibachi option is still great - but a bit tough to get a reservation because of social distancing.

We booked the 3 night package for our Oasis cruise next year. Going with Chops,  Giovanni's,  150 Central Park

We have been to Chops before. It's OK but nothing like a real NY steakhouse. We did Giovanni’s Table on Adventure of the Seas and it was good.

150 Central Park looks interesting. I would like feedback on this one from anyone that had dinner there.

Oasis: Jaime's/Giovanni's (the old family style menu), 150 Central (back when it had all the salts), Vintages (back when it had the tapas)

Symphony:  Wonderland (interesting spin on food and great smokey bourbon; ate there twice), Hooked (ate there twice), Chops (for lunch) Jamie's/Giovannis was just OK. 150 Central had completely different menu and wasn't as good as on the Oasis. Vintages served apps from Jaime's/ Giovanni's.

5 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

Allure: 1) Giovani's, 2) 150 Park....last (and least) Chops

Harmony 1) Jamies, 2) 150 Park...last Wonderland

Oasis 1) 150 Park, 2, Jamies/Giovani's

2 hours ago, smokeykat said:

We booked the 3 night package for our Oasis cruise next year. Going with Chops,  Giovanni's,  150 Central Park

We have been to Chops before. It's OK but nothing like a real NY steakhouse. We did Giovanni’s Table on Adventure of the Seas and it was good.

150 Central Park looks interesting. I would like feedback on this one from anyone that had dinner there.

we did 150cp on oasis , we loved the atmosphere and at the end of the meal they brought over a cart with loads of different cheeses and then gave us what we wanted. 

I have been on Harmony and Oasis. Done Chops on both (twice on Oasis, once on Harmony), Giovanni's on Oasis, Jamies twice on Harmony, 150 Central Park on Harmony.

Jamie's was our favorite, then Chops, then Giovanni's, and didn't really enjoy 150 Central Park.

We are doing unlimited dining on Harmony departing this weekend. We will eat at Jamie's and Chops a couple of times each, will try Izumi Sushi and teppanyaki, Sabor and maybe Wonderland.