65th annversary

george35

To start with we are D+ & will be celabrating our 65th annv. on June 30th & we live in Florida & both in our 80s. My question is there is not a big option to pick from but as this might be our last cruise I need help. I want to leave from Florida but do not want to go to  Europe or the East coast so that leaves the carribean. We love b/bs. So what I am asking is what ship would you recommend for a couple of old F---S? A ship with not to much walking between venues & while your at it what cabin on the ship you recommend, we enjoy balcony cabins??? A lot of stupid questions but after all we are in our middle 80s. Thanking you in advance.

george35

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, george35 said:

A ship with not to much walking between venues & while your at it what cabin on the ship you recommend, we enjoy balcony cabins?

Any balcony on one of the Voyager class ships should work. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Easy port, smaller ships, and decent prices

That’s what I would suggest as well but I think during the posters timeframe the ships will be in Europe. I think they meant B2Bs. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, george35 said:

To start with we are D+ & will be celabrating our 65th annv. on June 30th & we live in Florida & both in our 80s. My question is there is not a big option to pick from but as this might be our last cruise I need help. I want to leave from Florida but do not want to go to  Europe or the East coast so that leaves the carribean. We love b/bs. So what I am asking is what ship would you recommend for a couple of old F---S? A ship with not to much walking between venues & while your at it what cabin on the ship you recommend, we enjoy balcony cabins??? A lot of stupid questions but after all we are in our middle 80s. Thanking you in advance.

george35

Congratulations on your 65th anniversary!! Since you are in the Ocala area, you may want to cruise out of Port Canaveral. Mariner of the Seas might be a nice choice for you. On June 18 it will be doing  an 8-day trip to Aruba. Mariner will also be cruising to Bermuda in May and October. We prefer balconies that are close to the elevator. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 7:45 PM, sandebeach said:

Congratulations on your 65th anniversary!! Since you are in the Ocala area, you may want to cruise out of Port Canaveral. Mariner of the Seas might be a nice choice for you. On June 18 it will be doing  an 8-day trip to Aruba. Mariner will also be cruising to Bermuda in May and October. We prefer balconies that are close to the elevator. 

Agree! Also since the Diamond Lounge on Mariner is near the aft elevators as well as the dining rooms we try to book a balcony near those elevators. I am an Octogenarian as well and try to avoid having to walk long distances.

Mariner is an excellent ship. We have been on her often, three times since restart and three more booked next year.

Wishing you a fantastic Anniversary cruise! We celebrated our 57th on Mariner in November. 

• Like 2