Live! Viking Sea: Iberia to West Indies 11/29/21 - 12/13/21

JeriGail

7 minutes ago, albertamom said:

I am SO excited for you!  We cancelled this trip to book the Hawaii and French Polynesia cruise in January.  I'll eagerly be following along, and feeling slightly jealous at all the fun we'll be missing. 😃

Interesting, AlbertaMom -

We are on the Sea for Rome to Barcelona starting Nov 22 and then this Cruise of Jeri Gail's Nov 29th.  We were also scheduled for French Polynesia, but we will 99% cancel it with the change from Hawaii to Mexico, which we have NO desire to see again.  Will likely do the cancellation while onboard the Sea, so that we can book another cruise at a discount.

As for the Sea, we arrived in Rome on Nov 17 for our DIY touring for 5 nights ahead of the Sea's boarding in Rome port on Nov 22.   I will also try to post to this forum any news, insights, tips, and information that we discover!  (Menus, COVID restrictions, crew, CruiseDirector, etc) in advance of all of you boarding!).   Saw the news on Gibraltar just now.  For us that would be spectacular - it has been on the bucket list.  Let's just hope that the UK doesn't cancel it.  Seems like every country is getting more afraid of cruise ships as we approach winter and the escalating COVID levels around the world.

Kent

• Like 4

I was supposed to be on, and as well as Kent, booked the cruise prior. Sorry to miss it but just not the right time for us right now. We've rebooked Panama Canal March 23 to Vancouver. Hopefullly....

I would also cancel if I were on the "Mexican Riviera" cruise. Been there, done that, many many times. Not these days, for sure.

Have a great time! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

56 minutes ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Transatlantic cruisers beware — there’s a cold front brewing in the Caribbean. According to today’s weather forecast, courtesy of the Seattle Times, the temperature in San Juan, Puerto Rico is supposed to drop to minus 10 degrees overnight. Brrrr! Break out the woolies and the long johns!

4ED5E684-69D6-41BC-A5AA-9B2D029FFB23.jpeg

The temp in San Juan Puerto Rico right now is 80 degrees. The projected high tomorrow is 88.  Dropping to -10 would set a Guinness record😏, should that ever occur.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Not a Georgia Peach said:

I believe that is a city of San Juan located somewhere in the US (there are several such locations).  Every other location on the list is a city in the US.

San Juan, Puerto Rico is a city in the U.S.! Obviously our local paper made a mistake on the temps—but it’s still pretty funny! Lorna, where are you? 😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Transatlantic cruisers beware — there’s a cold front brewing in the Caribbean. According to today’s weather forecast, courtesy of the Seattle Times, the temperature in San Juan, Puerto Rico is supposed to drop to minus 10 degrees overnight. Brrrr! Break out the woolies and the long johns!

4ED5E684-69D6-41BC-A5AA-9B2D029FFB23.jpeg

I can testify that it was 69 this morning.  Winter is coming.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

San Juan, Puerto Rico is a city in the U.S.! Obviously our local paper made a mistake on the temps—but it’s still pretty funny! Lorna, where are you? 😉

We live in the Luquillo Mountains on the south side of El Yunque National Forest.  We are at about 1500 feet and the coldest we have seen here in the winter is 62.  It gets colder in the Central Cordillera - down in the 50's.  

• Like 1

We were supposed to be on this crossing with you, but we cancelled because it just isn't the right time for us.  I will be following you all on this live forum and wishing we were with you.  Have a wonderful cruise and post lots of photos!  Bon Voyage!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Atwell said:

Most likely San Juan Island, WA north of Seattle.

I don’t think so. San Juan Island is not a city. The city there is Friday Harbor, and if the Seattle paper showed the temps there, it would be with other cities in Washington state, not on the list that showed cities in the U.S. 🌬

Edited by LindaS272

5 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

After participating (as an experienced trans-Atlantic cruiser) in ya’lls rollcall, so excited to hear how your cruise goes. Have fun and have lambchops at breakfast for me!

I'm planning on having your lamb chops and pistachio bun combo at least once!  🙂 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

After participating (as an experienced trans-Atlantic cruiser) in ya’lls rollcall, so excited to hear how your cruise goes. Have fun and have lambchops at breakfast for me!

Had the pistachio bun in Iceland.  Was never on board when restaurant was open for breakfast.  On this I am SO looking forward to the lamb chops and eggs done exactly as your photo.  And is that a sticky bun i see in the background?

26 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Had the pistachio bun in Iceland.  Was never on board when restaurant was open for breakfast.  On this I am SO looking forward to the lamb chops and eggs done exactly as your photo.  And is that a sticky bun i see in the background?

That’s the pistachio bun from the Living Room.  I’m sure your waiter will go downstairs and get it for you but I just usually stop on my way to breakfast and bring it myself.  FYI, if you want hollandaise (and why wouldn’t you) you have to ask for it.

enjoy! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We arrived in Barcelona this morning. Even though flight from MIA was delayed about two hours this morning we were still walking out of the airport by 9:30. Took the bus into the city and it was 14€ for two. Super easy to find the bus at the airport. It dropped us at Plaça De Catalonia (end of the line) and it was a ten minute walk to hotel. Ride took about 30 minutes. Poured rain off and on thru the day but each cloud burst was not more then half an hour. It was windy and damp all day so quite chilly. We did the Sagrada Familia at noon and it was not crowded. I believe we could have done walk up tickets but we had already purchased online so I am not sure. Ate too many tapas for dinner and we have a Runner Bean tour tomorrow. Hope the rain holds off. 

• Like 5

Arrived Barcelona today and did 4 hour tour, including Park Guell.  The weather was supposed to be cloudy with a chance of rain, but it was sunny although very windy.  The next 3 days should also be mid 50's, so we'll need light jackets.  Tomorrow is Runnerbean tour plus Sagrada Familia.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, JeriGail said:

Arrived Barcelona today and did 4 hour tour, including Park Guell.  The weather was supposed to be cloudy with a chance of rain, but it was sunny although very windy.  The next 3 days should also be mid 50's, so we'll need light jackets.  Tomorrow is Runnerbean tour plus Sagrada Familia.

Be sure and go into the sacristy…such a beautiful closet! 😂

• Like 1

You are correct. Puerto Rico is a US Terratory (as is Samoa,U.S. Virgin islands, Guam and several Pacific Islands.) Despite a significant number of residents 52% approving statehood has not been granted. It is up to congress to do that.